C-USA power ranking on minerrush

outoftown

So the UTEP site on SB nation has a weekly C-USA power ranking.

PreseasonUNT was 10th

10. [27 pts] North Texas Mean Green - First Opponent: vs. Idaho - Saturday August 31st

The Mean Green enter Conference USA off a 4-9 campaign a year ago, winning one less game than they did in head man Dan McCarney's first year in 2011. It might be a little early to start talking about seats getting warm, but if they've still got things stuck in reverse, some might start to get restless. This could be the year the Mean Green turn the corner though, as they return eight starters on offense, and eight on defense. The offense returns starting quarterback Derek Thompson, as well as their top two rushers, and 4 of their top 5 receivers, while the defense brings back its top 5 tacklers. I wouldn't say they've got an easy start, but Idaho, Ohio, and Ball State isn't exactly a brutal stretch.

PaydirtRenzo says: "This is a program that has always had great potential but has seen poor results the past decade. I think the transition to C-USA will be a tough one for the Mean Green."

This week UNT is 5th :)

5. [46 pts] North Texas Mean Green - Last Week: VS Idaho W 40-6, Up Next: @ Ohio

The Mean Green allowed an early Idaho touchdown in Saturday's contest, but woke up from there and just ran away with it. UNT racked up nearly 600 yards of total offense, and finished the game with 40 unanswered points. The Mean Green will have a couple of testers ahead of them, but if they play anything like they did in week one they could be 3-0 before heading to Athens to take on Georgia.

Asalom says: "Besides Tulsa getting obliterated, the Mean Green were clearly the surprise of week 1. They've got a couple winnable games ahead of them, and looking ahead, their favorable schedule may actually give them an opportunity to compete in the west."

So maybe nationally only very few people took notice of our win, but the people in Conference did.

Pretty good write up. I think these rankings are pretty spot on, at least with what little we know so far. Also, 3 of the top 4 teams in our conference (according to this list) are in the eastern division which means we could have a good shot to compete in the west, especially if Tulsa stays down.

We also avoid the top two teams (Marshall and ECU) and we get MUTS and the only team ahead of us in our division (Rice) at home. Couple of huge home games potentially looming for us in October.

Pretty good write up. I think these rankings are pretty spot on, at least with what little we know so far. Also, 3 of the top 4 teams in our conference (according to this list) are in the eastern division which means we could have a good shot to compete in the west, especially if Tulsa stays down.

We also avoid the top two teams (Marshall and ECU) and we get MUTS and the only team ahead of us in our division (Rice) at home. Couple of huge home games potentially looming for us in October.

I also think it is a pretty good write up I think I will start reading it every week. There really are no good C-USA power rankings out there, so this kind of fills a void.

• Upvote 1