OOC

NT03

It seems like we are really taking our schedule back about 10 years. I remember when JJ was trying to solidify his program, he was playing a bunch of patsies to get easy wins at homes to build up our record. Obviously it worked. But, it is just sad that we are beginning that process again instead of picking up where JJ left off.

It seems like we are really taking our schedule back about 10 years. I remember when JJ was trying to solidify his program, he was playing a bunch of patsies to get easy wins at homes to build up our record. Obviously it worked. But, it is just sad that we are beginning that process again instead of picking up where JJ left off.

Except its about protecting a job instead of building a program.

I still don't think that Benford gets past the 10 win mark, even with this soft OOC.

But if, by some chance (slight as it may be) Benford manages to win 15 or 16 games by only beating up on OOC patsies and then winning 4 or 5 games in conference, watch his defenders flock to this board saying that he just needs more time.

Again, very doubtful that this happens. Teams rarely beat everyone they are supposed to beat, especially teams with Benford as a head coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Except its about protecting a job instead of building a program.

I still don't think that Benford gets past the 10 win mark, even with this soft OOC.

But if, by some chance (slight as it may be) Benford manages to win 15 or 16 games by only beating up on OOC patsies and then winning 4 or 5 games in conference, watch his defenders flock to this board saying that he just needs more time.

Again, very doubtful that this happens. Teams rarely beat everyone they are supposed to beat, especially teams with Benford as a head coach.

WOW...talk about hedging one's bets WAY WAY in advance. Already setting up your next year's complaint-a-thon before the season even gets anywhere near tipping off! If nothing else, you are definitely consistent! Ha! :judge::goodjob:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nope, just know that some will be happy with 5 or less conference wins...

<ninjaface>

Really...who might that be...since, of course, you "know" who they are? Please do tell. I would find it really odd that anyone told you straight up that they would be happy with 5 or less conference wins.

You know, there is a difference between being disappointed and being suicidal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It was late last year too.

I want to know the exact home game that we added when we dropped that "away" game at UTA that we had to collect the gate on.

F, that was one freaking game I looked forward to whether we pounded them, they pounded us, or was a good damn game. 9 times out of ten in the previous regime, it was a good damn game.

No Lsu at home, no texas tech at home, no osu at home. Does ou or byu return a game? Is that why they canx uta?

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not to dig up the dead, but it seems I keep hearing about our terrible OCC home schedule...did yesterday and today again...as a justification for not coming and/or not buying season tickets. Has anyone compared the home OCC schedules over the last few years? I took a quick look-see for a few years late in JJ's career at UNT and here's what we had:

2009-10 Season - Don't see a lot of big name draws here

Cameron

Jackson State

Univ. of the Southwest

Southwestern

Texas Southern

2010-2011 Season - 2 out of six...not bad...enough?

Henderson State

Texas Tech - one of the more fun games in recent memory to attend

UTA - always a goodie

Granbling State

Jackson State

Texas State

Oklahoma Panhandle State

2011-2012 Season - 1 maybe 2 OK as far as "sellers"...the rest?

St. Gregory

Sam Houston State

Jackson State

Grambling

LSU - another very bright spot for sure

New Orleans

I also recall playing and beating OSU at the Super Pit.

I also recall some of the same folks "walking" on this year's home OCC schedule making similar comments about JJ's home OCC. scheduling.

• Upvote 2

Scheduling is the cherry on top of a turd sundae.

When I reference the OOC schedule it is as another reason why attendance will be down, especially from the nice rise we saw under JJ.

2300 at the tip-off event last evening. Larger crowd than last year's event.

• 1 month later...