Orr’s comments raises the argument — Is this a make-or-break year?

Harry

UNT will quickly turn the page from Conference USA media day over the next week or so.

Practice will start, and with it, there will be a whole new set of storylines with players who are moving into the two-deep and injuries that could impact the roster. We will talk about the race for the starting quarterback job — and we’ll talk about it a lot.

The point that linebacker Zach Orr brought up that I didn’t delve into beyond mentioning it is that UNT is loaded with seniors, and they are not just minor contributors.

Orr might be the best linebacker UNT has had since Cody Spencer, who was the last player the Mean Green had drafted in 2004. Brelan Chancellor is arguably UNT’s best playmaker. Derek Thompson hasn’t played at an all-conference level yet at quarterback, but was solid last year. By UNT quarterback standards that makes him look like John Elway, considering some of the guys the Mean Green has run through there since Scott Hall graduated in 2004.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/07/orrs-comments-raises-the-argument-is-this-a-make-or-break-year.html/

Robertson is awesome. Perhaps Orr is just better? Nwigwe was best since Spencer, then Robertson was a little better, now Orr is better than those two.

When people talk about TM being one of if not the most talented BB players ever a NT, it isn't a slap in the face of Davis, White, or Trammiel. TM was just better. :)

Maybe Craig & Tobe were neglected by Vito on purpose to make it seem like a longer time since a UNT LB was as good as Zach. I really hope Zach gets a chance to play in the NFL.

I think Craig's success in CLE will show some other teams what we have cooking here at UNT and that Zach will be worth it.

• Upvote 3

One thing is for sure, you look at that list and see names like Daniel Prior and realize that this group, as a whole, has been pretty unselfish. These are the guys who didn't balk at position changes or transfer out when the going got tough.

I don't think we'll hit six wins this year. But, if we do, no one anywhere - at any school - would deserve it as much as this group. This is a group that has been through it and stuck with it.

Love 'em all.

Hilbert Jackson...it just doesn't seem like it's been that long, man. Hoping for the best with all of those guys.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2

My one concern with Orr in the NFL is size. I think that could hurt him as he is the size of my NFL safeties.

I didn't have a tape measure with me but I believe Orr is bigger than Robertson. At least, when I think back at Orr living in my Hall and Robertson being in grad school with me.