We agree that both Zimmerman and Martin's drug use shouldn't have been a part of the trial, as it wasn't.

Why are you throwing around Al Sharpton and what not to me?

Why do you only question Zimmerman's motives in this case?

I don't only question Zimmerman's motives. Martin, in all likelihood, was a punk. In fact, most of the evidence says so.

My issue is with the counter movement that insists that ANY questioning of Zimmerman's story is due to brainwashing by the liberal media, a racial agenda or willful ignorance of the facts of the case.

• Upvote 2

You seriously don't think the media attempted to influence the arrest and charging decisions? Really?

Well, we will just have to disagree. It will be interesting to see if the prosecutors are punished for hiding potential evidence.

"Black killing White = not important"

If by not important you mean presumed guilt then yes.

"Why don't you have a problem with the prosecution hiding evidence from the defense, something that could cost the prosecutors in this case some heavy, heavy sanctions and possibly their bar card (doubt it, since they are on the "right" side of political correctness here).."

Show me where I said I had no problem with it? Don't worry, I'll wait.... In the meantime try to follow the logical sequence of events here....

Someone said that Martin had marijuana in his system

I said that it was irrelevant when determining who the aggessor was

Someone said that it was important because there is a presumption of violence surrounding marijuana and facebook pictures

I pointed out that the violence surrounds marijuana dealing and turf wars

I was reminded that the important issue wasn't the truth about violence surrounding marijuana, just how you can sell it to six white females from Florida

I questioned why only the person who is dead had a toxicology test performed

You countered that Zimmerman may not have appeared to be intoxicated...and questioned if he would have been tested on a traffic stop

I pointed out that appearances are misleading at best and unreliable at worst because it takes an expert to pick up on physiological clues of some drug impairment

(So far we're still discussing impairment of either party due to drugs)

Then you point out that you know what a DRE is...AND THEN GO OFF TO PLAY LEFT FIELD CONCERNING MY LACK OF INDIGNATION ABOUT PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT THAT HAS ZERO TO DO WITH THE DISCUSSION AT HAND.

Let me spell it out to you yet again. I'm perfectly willing to argue the merits of the things THAT I SAY. I can't answer for the D.A.'s office, Rodney King, Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, Santa Claus or the media at large.

You must be a joy to go on a date with...

"Where do you want to eat?"

"I don't care, I just don't like seafood"

"Yeah, seafood doesn't sound good to me either...DID YOU KNOW UNDERCOOKED CHICKEN CAN CAUSE SALMONELLA!! WHY AREN'T YOU OUTRAGED???!!!"

"Um, can you take me home please?"

AllI said was that the media only freaks out if a person who is even so much as a half-white kills a black person. To me, color shouldn't matter. A killing is a killing.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Also, I think the prosecution was damned from the beginning - both legally and politically.

First, there was no way a second degree murder charge was going to possible with the evidence given.

Second, a manslaughter-type charge, if pursued from the beginning of the trial - not on the day of closing arguments - probably could have stuck.

Third, the problem is, there would have been total outrage had a manslaughter charge alone been pursued instead of second degree murder alone.

And, therein lies the problem for the prosecutors. They'd have had a strong case, and probably a successful one, if they'd gone manslaughter from the get go. But, there would have been outrage from the Media/Jesse Jacksons of the world about why it was only a manslaughter instead of murder...and, race, again would have been their battering ram agains the prosecutors.

From a legal standpoint, I can't figure out why the prosecution waited until the last minute to throw in the manslaughter. That had to make the jury somewhat believe that the prosecution didn't even believe in their case.

WIth a legal background, I can't for the life of me understand why they went straight up second degree murder. I do believe Zimmerman would have gotten 15-25 with a manslaughter conviction had it been pursued fully,

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 3

Also, I think the prosecution was damned from the beginning - both legally and politically.

First, there was no way a second degree murder charge was going to possible with the evidence given.

Second, a manslaughter-type charge, if pursued from the beginning of the trial - not on the day of closing arguments - probably could have stuck.

Third, the problem is, there would have been total outrage had a manslaughter charge alone been pursued instead of second degree murder alone.

And, therein lies the problem for the prosecutors. They'd have had a strong case, and probably a successful one, if they'd gone manslaughter from the get go. But, there would have been outrage from the Media/Jesse Jacksons of the world about why it was only a manslaughter instead of murder...and, race, again would have been their battering ram agains the prosecutors.

From a legal standpoint, I can't figure out why the prosecution waited until the last minute to throw in the manslaughter. That had to make the jury somewhat believe that the prosecution didn't even believe in their case.

WIth a legal background, I can't for the life of me understand why they went straight up second degree murder. I do believe Zimmerman would have gotten 15-25 with a manslaughter conviction had it been pursued fully,

Easily one of the most sane and articulate posts in this thread. No regurgitation of Fox News talking points, NAACP spin or injection of personal bias as truth.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Easily one of the most sane and articulate posts in this thread. No regurgitation of Fox News talking points, NAACP spin or injection of personal bias as truth.

What could any red-blooded male have against Fox News...especially the 6 o'clock hour.

https://www.google.com/search?q=harris+faulkner&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=iXToUZnkIIq69QSn64GYCg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=416#biv=i%7C0%3Bd%7CPh-c5IA2L_MMPM%3A

Damn!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 2

Manslaughter would've been the most justifiable charge. 2nd degree murder was way, way off.

Manslaughter would've been the most justifiable charge. 2nd degree murder was way, way off.

But, can't you just hear the complaints if that had been the charge?

"He wasn't charged with murder because Trayvon was black and he is white."

"Oh, so he got 25 years...Trayvon won't be back on the street in 25 years. Murder would have given him life. He deserves life for murdering Trayvon."

Again, prosecution was damned if they did, damned if they didn't because racial tension is so pressed in the media.

But, can't you just hear the complaints if that had been the charge?

"He wasn't charged with murder because Trayvon was black and he is white."

"Oh, so he got 25 years...Trayvon won't be back on the street in 25 years. Murder would have given him life. He deserves life for murdering Trayvon."

Again, prosecution was damned if they did, damned if they didn't because racial tension is so pressed in the media.

Some cases are worth 24 hours a day of media hysteria. Some are not--apparently. Depends on whose ox is being gored, I guess. Move along. Nothing to see here.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/490926/jury-finds-roderick-scott-not-guilty/

Edited by LongJim
  • Upvote 1

Some cases are worth 24 hours a day of media hysteria. Some are not--apparently. Depends on whose ox is being gored, I guess. Move along. Nothing to see here.

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/490926/jury-finds-roderick-scott-not-guilty/

This thing goes into the same box as Zimmerman's tailing of Martin - if Cervini hadn't been trying to break into a car and hadn't been high/drunk at the time, the situation could've been avoided. You know, "don't start nothin', won't be nothin'."

If Zimmerman hadn't been playing mall ninja so hard, he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked. If Cervini hadn't been engaged in a criminal act, there wouldn't have been a shooting.

Edited by meangreendork

This thing goes into the same box as Zimmerman's tailing of Martin - if Cervini hadn't been trying to break into a car and hadn't been high/drunk at the time, the situation could've been avoided. You know, "don't start nothin', won't be nothin'."

Dude. Will you ever give up the liberal line?

Zimmerman DID NOT stalk Martin. Go read Florida law. Just because you and the media keep saying if, it doesn't make it true.

Jeez...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If Zimmerman hadn't been playing mall ninja so hard, he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked. If Cervini hadn't been engaged in a criminal act, there wouldn't have been a shooting.

That's fantastic...

But my point is--why is one story getting 24 hour play and calls for "justice", and one isn't?

Because the press has an agenda, and the Cervini case doesn't fit the narrative.

Edited by LongJim

That's fantastic...

But my point is--why is one story getting 24 hour play and calls for "justice", and one isn't?

Because the press has an agenda, and the Cervini case doesn't fit the narrative.

It really doesn't. But the press is all about ad dollars. Honestly, I think that regardless of political leanings, the larger outlets will often just pick a side and ride the sensationalism for the sake of advertising dollars. The actual journalism isn't really in the larger outlets and hasn't been for decades now. The press likes to prey on things that'll trigger clicks and comments, and hell, they'll make up stuff too.

Oh, and the Cervini case isn't nearly as cloudy in details, either. The Zimmerman case has a lot of cloudiness in its details - mainly everything prior to the fight, really. It's probably somewhere between the two tales, and it's probably a case of two egos gone awry.

But the Cervini clase is pretty clear and prompts a lot less discussion. Cervini was engaging in an illegal activity while under the influence of alcohol/drugs, and then launched the attack. There's not nearly as much discussion to be had here, so it'd probably be as interesting as the traffic report to someone that's already home and done for the day.

Edited by meangreendork

Notice how ABC manages to deftly slip a way to get Zimmerman's cell phone number into that article?

Truly amazing what the media has been allowed to become.

Yeah - whoever decided they'd rather watch segmented crap that panders to their beliefs rather than a middle ground should be shot.