First Obama and then Holder...so many missed opportunities. Too bad that leaders try to divide rather than unite these days. Just keep throwing gasoline on the fire guys, that always works!

A "teaching moment" lost by both these guys recently...so much that could have been said to help all the nation...they do represent all citizens, right? Could easily have gotten their personal points across in such a more thoughtful and uniting way. Sigh...just more of the same...happens from both sides these days. I am wondering when, if ever, our leaders on both sides of the aisle will realize that there are times to use the bully pulpit and times to be "the bigger person" and do what they can to help the entire nation, not just one set of constituents?

Yeah - whoever decided they'd rather watch segmented crap that panders to their beliefs rather than a middle ground should be shot.

Or, just watch a network that encourages a public lynching by publicizing a way to get Zimmerman's phone number.

Have you made your threatening call yet? ;-)

• Upvote 1

Or, just watch a network that encourages a public lynching by publicizing a way to get Zimmerman's phone number.

Have you made your threatening call yet? ;-)

I think you missed my point that agreed with you - just not politely.

I actually gave his number to Benford and look forward to him renewing his MGC membership. Think of how popular he'd be in the club seats!

I think you missed my point that agreed with you - just not politely.

I actually gave his number to Benford and look forward to him renewing his MGC membership. Think of how popular he'd be in the club seats!

Benford would make the call, but would hang up after 2 rings, then call someone else and hang up after 2 rings, then call someone else and hang up after 2 rings...

"One wants to scream at all those outraged at the Zimmerman verdict: Where is your outrage over the collapse of the black family? Today's civil-rights leaders swat at mosquitoes like Zimmerman when they have gorillas on their back. Seventy-three percent of all black children are born without fathers married to their mothers. And you want to bring the nation to a standstill over George Zimmerman?"

Only a Shelby Steele, a black writer, could write this...otherwise, it would be racist. I'm sure that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and their ilk consider Shelby an "Uncle Tom."

As whites, we are all at once supposed to look the other way at the crumbling of the black family and at the same time take the blame for it.

Money will not solve the problems of the black family. Political white guilt will not solve the problems of the black family. The only thing that will solve the problems of the black family is more blacks thinking like Shelby Steele. Don't hold your breath. It's not the Shelby Steele's of the world young black people are following. It's Kanye West and his out of wedlock birth with Kim Kardashian that they are more interested in.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"One wants to scream at all those outraged at the Zimmerman verdict: Where is your outrage over the collapse of the black family? Today's civil-rights leaders swat at mosquitoes like Zimmerman when they have gorillas on their back. Seventy-three percent of all black children are born without fathers married to their mothers. And you want to bring the nation to a standstill over George Zimmerman?"

Only a Shelby Steele, a black writer, could write this...otherwise, it would be racist. I'm sure that Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and their ilk consider Shelby an "Uncle Tom."

As whites, we are all at once supposed to look the other way at the crumbling of the black family and at the same time take the blame for it.

Money will not solve the problems of the black family. Political white guilt will not solve the problems of the black family. The only thing that will solve the problems of the black family is more blacks thinking like Shelby Steele. Don't hold your breath. It's not the Shelby Steele's of the world young black people are following. It's Kanye West and his out of wedlock birth with Kim Kardashian that they are more interested in.

It is really probably for the best if you just went away.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Benford would make the call, but would hang up after 2 rings, then call someone else and hang up after 2 rings, then call someone else and hang up after 2 rings...

Interesting...Coach Benford (and Coach Evans and Coach Lundy) actually participated in the Mean Green Club Volunteer Rep phone-a-thon this year....making several calls to Mean Green Club members and non-members alike trying to help. And, staying a good portion of the time as well.

Funny thing...in the entire time I was there...and I was there for the whole time...I failed notice you!

But, hey, pretty funny joke...well played.

• Downvote 2

Somebody tell me that white people will soon stop following the example of January Jones. I'm worried about the white community.*

http://www.familyfacts.org/charts/170/more-than-one-in-five-white-children-lives-in-a-single-parent-home

*Actually I'm not. I'm not racist enough to pain an entire race with the brush of over-politicized talking points. But hey, let's keep it classy, huh?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Somebody tell me that white people will soon stop following the example of January Jones. I'm worried about the white community.*

http://www.familyfacts.org/charts/170/more-than-one-in-five-white-children-lives-in-a-single-parent-home

*Actually I'm not. I'm not racist enough to pain an entire race with the brush of over-politicized talking points. But hey, let's keep it classy, huh?

That's interesting, nearly 80% of the fathers are participating in their kid's lives these days. I wouldn't have guessed it was that high?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Interesting...Coach Benford (and Coach Evans and Coach Lundy) actually participated in the Mean Green Club Volunteer Rep phone-a-thon this year....making several calls to Mean Green Club members and non-members alike trying to help. And, staying a good portion of the time as well.

Funny thing...in the entire time I was there...and I was there for the whole time...I failed notice you!

But, hey, pretty funny joke...well played.

Woulda been there a year ago. No reason to be there now.

Don't you see a problem with that?

No doubt you would be shocked by that.

I would...considering his/her repeated and open stance against homo-sexuality coupled with the fact he/she has referenced his/her wife...and for some reason posted pictures of his/her ex-wife. That'd be some serious self-loathing.

Not sure exactly what you're attempting to pigeon-hole me into here. Not really sure you do either anymore.

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 1

I would...considering his/her repeated and open stance against homo-sexuality coupled with the fact he/she has referenced his/her wife...and for some reason posted pictures of his/her ex-wife. That'd be some serious self-loathing.

Not sure exactly what you're attempting to pigeon-hole me into here. Not really sure you do either anymore.

So, black people are all pro-gay, only marry other black people, and can't be in a sane sex relationship?

Got it.

Ain't pigeonholing fun?

I was an acutely aware 6 year old and given that most of your generation were coked out of your collective gourds through the 80s, let's call it a wash.

There you go with that broad prejudicial brush of yours yet again.

So, your entire knowledge of the 80s is Barney and Miami vice re-runs. Got it.

• Upvote 2

There you go with that broad prejudicial brush of yours yet again.

So, your entire knowledge of the 80s is Barney and Miami vice re-runs. Got it.

You need to stop posting so emotionally and get the facts. Barney clearly did not start until 1992. Now, if you want to accuse him of watching thundercats, then that's fine.

• Upvote 1

You need to stop posting so emotionally and get the facts. Barney clearly did not start until 1992. Now, if you want to accuse him of watching thundercats, then that's fine.

Actually, The Muppets would be the better option.