What players got your attention in the Spring Game?

GrayEagle

No debating than none of them separated themselves from the pack. Many feel that Berglund is the one with the potential to separate himself, but so far, depending on the reason/excuse, he hasn't.

I hope than one of them steps up and I don't care who as long as they are able turn this thing around.

No debating than none of them separated themselves from the pack. Many feel that Berglund is the one with the potential to separate himself, but so far, depending on the reason/excuse, he hasn't.

I hope than one of them steps up and I don't care who as long as they are able turn this thing around.

If any of you have had a hamstring injury, you know it can a while to get back from one to being at 100 percent. That said, I think a hamstring is the kind of injury one might expect from someone who hasn't been on the field for a while, and I think it's something Berglund can work through and overcome.

• Upvote 1

If any of you have had a hamstring injury, you know it can a while to get back from one to being at 100 percent. That said, I think a hamstring is the kind of injury one might expect from someone who hasn't been on the field for a while, and I think it's something Berglund can work through and overcome.

Absolutely. I think some people may be overreacting (understandably considering our recent history) to the QB situation. BB had an injury, and the coaches wisely limited his action and probably advised him to play it safe and bide his time until August. Meanwhile, DT is fighting for his life as a starter and, according to some accounts, has answered the bell and elevated his game, at least a little. AM is trying to prove himself, and it sounds like he is beginning to do exactly that.

The coaches may fully anticipate that BB will greatly surpass the other two when healthy and unleashed, but out of respect they have left him at the bottom of the depth chart until he has a chance to unquestionably prove himself on the field. Sounds fair enough to me. I tend to think that we have bigger fish to fry...like recruiting struggles in basketball.

Disclaimer: I live out of state, so I only saw highlights of the spring game. I may have missed something that others witnessed in person.

• Upvote 1

And he was pretty bad in live action his freshman year (see the Tulsa game) and has had NO ACTION since.

It just non-sensical to say McNulty improved because of his redshirt year yet Burgland's redshirt year held him back.

Brock not passing McNulty in Spring is a bad thing for this program, any way you slice it.

Go ahead tell me how offended you are by my post. ,

The only thing offensive is your lack of reading comprehension.

I stated that McNulty benefitted from maturing physically. He doesn't look like a high school kid anymore. That is what the redshirt year did for him. He already had experience running the offense from his true freshman year. I thought he should have been redshirted two years ago because of this.

From all of the reports on here, Berglund spent his redshirt year running the scout team. The scout team's role is to mimic our upcoming opponent, so he obviously didn't spend much time running our system because of this. Please show me where I have stated anything different than this. I should just let it go because we obviously don't see eye to eye, but you drag me in by twisting what I post to meet your agenda.

I was very impressed with 90's performance. His sideline stance was perfect; helmet on, foot placement, right hand on hip. Applauded at the right time and offered the appropritate amount of encouragement to his team mates. I was unable to ascertain his hand cup technique during his "swat to the butt" of team mates as they came off the field but knowing him, he had it down. Even had the water bottle held at the correct distance from his mouth when he drank. I'd give him an "A" for effort.

Thought I'd interject a bit of levity to the thread.

• Upvote 5

The only thing offensive is your lack of reading comprehension.

I stated that McNulty benefitted from maturing physically. He doesn't look like a high school kid anymore. That is what the redshirt year did for him. He already had experience running the offense from his true freshman year. I thought he should have been redshirted two years ago because of this.

From all of the reports on here, Berglund spent his redshirt year running the scout team. The scout team's role is to mimic our upcoming opponent, so he obviously didn't spend much time running our system because of this. Please show me where I have stated anything different than this. I should just let it go because we obviously don't see eye to eye, but you drag me in by twisting what I post to meet your agenda.

If you really think that all Berglund did was run the scout team, then your football knowledge rivals Andrew's basketball knowledge.

Just wow.

I was very impressed with 90's performance. His sideline stance was perfect; helmet on, foot placement, right hand on hip. Applauded at the right time and offered the appropritate amount of encouragement to his team mates. I was unable to ascertain his hand cup technique during his "swat to the butt" of team mates as they came off the field but knowing him, he had it down. Even had the water bottle held at the correct distance from his mouth when he drank. I'd give him an "A" for effort.

...and well done at that. ;)

• Upvote 1

Lol - good stuff.

Hey since you do follow the DLine closely any thoughts on the new DLine guys and if they can help us?

Lol - good stuff.

Hey since you do follow the DLine closely any thoughts on the new DLine guys and if they can help us?

I prefer not to get into discussion about that out of consideration of my source. I can safely say that "Zero" is Sir Calvin Wallace's nickname from high school.

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 1