Help me spread the love of UNT

Hey folks,

So a user named TexaninNYC and I will are participating in a grand series of Reddit/r/CFB threads that is covering 139 college football teams in as many days to fill the time before the 2013 season.

Essentially, fans are asked to go in depth and profile their alma maters in glorious Reddit fashion for all the upvotes, praise and discussion of 47,000 Redditors in the College Football subreddit.

Example, today's profile of the Tulane Green Wave: http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1bnz54/132_teams_in_132_days_the_tulane_green_wave/

Rather than attempt to compile all of the information required myself (w/Tex'n'NYC), I figured why not open it up and crowd-source this? So, if you have anything in particular you want mentioned in this format, please do not hesitate to PM me.

We have some time to make this good - they obviously did not take much of the conference realignment picture into their scheduling, and thus we've been lumped to present with the rest of the Sun Belt in early July. Ugh, I know.

So anywho, fire away!

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

Chris - this is great and I am glad you are doing this it will get more exposure for everyone. Quick thought, you may want to be a little more specific in your request for instance are you looking for specific UNT story items to mention in the articles or perhaps a breakdown of the team by positional unit? Like are you looking for "Darkhorse player who could make an immediate impact.."

Will you then aggregate it all together in a UNT Football summary? We have some people on here who follow things pretty closely so I would be you may get some ideas or content if they know exactly what you are looking for with a little more detail! GMG!

OK - for some reason I wasn't able to get the links to work on my ipad! Here is the template:

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS
Conference USA

Year Founded: YYYY
Total Attendance: #####

Mascot: The Dumples
Live Mascot: (if applicable, with picture)
Cheerleaders: Picture
Stadium: The Toilet Bowl
Stadium Location: Left of Nowhere
Conference Champions (2): YYYY, YYYY
Number of Bowl Games: 3 Wins, 6 Total
National Titles (1): YYYY

Rivals

• Alabama
  • Texas
  • etc

2012 Season

Record: 8-5-0
Coach: Hayden Fox
2012 Roster
Key Players: [List 2-3]
Biggest Plays: [List 2-3]

2013 Season

2013 Schedule
2013 Roster

The Greats

Greatest Games: [Describe 2-3]
Greatest Plays: [Describe 2-3]
Greatest Players: [List 3-4]
Greatest Coaches: [List 1-2]

Traditions

• Tradition 1
  • Tradition 2
  • etc

Campus and Surrounding Area

City Population: 2563.15
City Skyline
Iconic Campus Building: [Most prominent building on campus, with picture]
Local Dining: [Describe 2 or 3 places to eat/hangout]

Random Trivia

• List 3 or 4 interesting facts about your school/team that's not well known outside of the fan base.

What Is and What is to Come

Use this section to outline your reflections on the 2012 season and your expectations for the 2013 season. Go crazy.

Overtime

Anything else you want to say? Any miscellaneous material you've prepared should go here.

More Information
Subreddit: /r/college
Contributors: List authors here