Phil Steele on Brock

Here is what the 2011 issue of Phil Steel's "College Football" had to say about Brock when talking about the Kansas Jayhawks. "Then add in Brock Berglund, a dual threat true frosh who I project to be the starter. No matter who wins the starting job, I look for improved QB play".

In this same issue, he has Brock listed as the #28 best nationally incoming QB.

Anybody ready for spring ball?

• Upvote 1

Here is what the 2011 issue of Phil Steel's "College Football" had to say about Brock when talking about the Kansas Jayhawks. "Then add in Brock Berglund, a dual threat true frosh who I project to be the starter. No matter who wins the starting job, I look for improved QB play".

In this same issue, he has Brock listed as the #28 best nationally incoming QB.

Anybody ready for spring ball?

Should be exciting. But let's not get to caught up in "hype" just yet. Haven't we had a recent lesson in doing just that?

• Upvote 1

Who is Scotty Young?

4 star QB from Denton Ryan. Signed with TTech originally. Some say he wanted to transfer to UNT but we told him no because we were bringing Berglund in. Others say that he was going to La. Tech all along because of their baseball program (he was a 2 sport star in HS).

Should make for an interesting matchup when we get together with La. Tech.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think Young is a fine QB, but I believe he is a senior this year while Berglund is a sophmore. I would rather have a player for three years that fits our system as a dual threat over a player that has one year and is a true pocket passer. I mean no disrespect at all to Young, but I think Berglund is a better fit for us. Young will probably do very well in Tech's system.

• Upvote 1

I think Young is a fine QB, but I believe he is a senior this year while Berglund is a sophmore. I would rather have a player for three years that fits our system as a dual threat over a player that has one year and is a true pocket passer. I mean no disrespect at all to Young, but I think Berglund is a better fit for us. Young will probably do very well in Tech's system.

Young will be a redshirt junior this year, but the rest of your point still stands.

La. Tech did have a buyout clause, apparently his signing bonus at Cal is about the same as the buyout so that he can start at a decent salary instead of using it to pay off the buyout.