Meanwhile in Baton Rouge

emmitt01

LSU lost to Ole Miss 67-81 today. CJJ is just not a good coach. Maybe talent can bring him over the hump but I doubt that.

I've been following JJ's teams as long as I've known UNT basketball. How many humps has he not cleared? I guess it wasn't the one where he was supposed to make LSU a winner. Or UNT a winner. Or win a tourney title. Or take us to the Dance. Or bring in talent. Or beat a ranked team.

I want to know This Hump. It makes JJ look like Sisyphus.

Edited by greenminer

I am happy for JJ. I think he has shown pretty darn well with what he had to work with his first year at LSU. It's good to see him have some good wins and some close losses (see...Ole Miss) in some marquee games in his first year. Hopefully the fan base in LSU will feel good about his first year.

I remind everyone that JJ left UNT...UNT did not leave JJ. This is the job JJ has always wanted, and he is "home" at LSU. Time will tell how he fares, but for his first season, i think the Tiger fan base should be pleased with what they have seen.

Congrats JJ...good luck.

• Upvote 2

I am happy for JJ. I think he has shown pretty darn well with what he had to work with his first year at LSU. It's good to see him have some good wins and some close losses (see...Ole Miss) in some marquee games in his first year. Hopefully the fan base in LSU will feel good about his first year.

I remind everyone that JJ left UNT...UNT did not leave JJ. This is the job JJ has always wanted, and he is "home" at LSU. Time will tell how he fares, but for his first season, i think the Tiger fan base should be pleased with what they have seen.

Congrats JJ...good luck.

We are all PAINFULLY aware of who left who.

We are equally painfully aware of the piss poor job we did of replacing him...and how the blame starts in an office on Bonnie Brae for doing things the easy way, the cheap way, the lazy way but never the right way.

Allow us to live vicariously through a coach who actually has a positive future to look forward to.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We are all PAINFULLY aware of who left who.

We are equally painfully aware of the piss poor job we did of replacing him...and how the blame starts in an office on Bonnie Brae for doing things the easy way, the cheap way, the lazy way but never the right way.

Allow us to live vicariously through a coach who actually has a positive future to look forward to.

Feel free to leave Hot Springs and head down the road to Baton Rouge and worship at the feet of JJ. Why live vicariously? When you get back you can let us know how things are done in Baton Rouge these days.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Feel free to leave Hot Springs and head down the road to Baton Rouge and worship at the feet of JJ. Why live vicariously? When you get back you can let us know how things are done in Baton Rouge these days.

I can save the time and gas and let you know now.

They look for WINNING coaches with HEAD coaching experience...then they hire them.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Almost blew a big lead. JJ's coaching abilities :goodjob:

It's just funny to see a certain element on here attempt to defend Benford by pointing out how our previous coach has only barely turned around LSU in his 1st season...

And never mention the top 10 recruiting class that ex-coach has coming into LSU next year.

It's truly Andrew worthy.

Edit: LSU plays #1 seed Florida tomorrow. If JJ wins, will he still be that stupid ex-coach who didn't discipline players or make them play defense in practice? Will some still be glad he is gone?

I was often a very vocal JJ critic. I would give my left testicle to have him back on the UNT bench next year.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

LSU got raped today. Lost 58-80. Coach JJ Iconbow.gif

It's funny. As I was watching the last few moments of that game I knew you'd be sprinting to the nearest keyboard.

Nevermind that TWO of our university's THREE trips to the Big Dance were under JJ.

Nevermind that he led LSU to the best SEC season they've had in a while.

Nevermind that all he did was do BETTER with someone else's kids...and has highly ranked kids lined up to come in (I'd say his needle is pointed up...Benford's?).

Nevermind that their fan base (Mostly) likes him. Read their boards.

Nevermind that he got "raped" by a top 15 team. That's comparable to a 19 point loss to ULL, right?

But hey, keep relishing the minor stumbles of a guy who lowered the hurdles at North Texas...meanwhile our administration has managed to trip face first over the mole hills he left as if they were mountains.

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

LSU got raped today. Lost 58-80. Coach JJ Iconbow.gif

As Emmitt said, this is a top 15 team that about a month ago was thought of as a favorite to win the National Title. LSU wasn't ever gonna be competive unless UF was off their game. Vegas had Florida as like 16 point faves or something.

Edited by CMJ