Jameill Showers

golfingomez

He doesn't play defensive tackle and we already have a quarterback who is "highly regarded" but hasn't started anywhere, so what's the point of discussion? Are we to collect every quarterback who can't win the starting job at other schools? Unless they are big enough to move to defensive tackle, I say no.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

He doesn't play defensive tackle and we already have a quarterback who is "highly regarded" but has started anywhere, so what's the point of discussion? Are we to collect every quarterback who can't win the starting job at other schools? Unless they are big enough to move to defensive tackle, I say no.

Well, I mean, the guy who beat him out of the starting job did go on to win the Heisman Trophy.

Berglund has just as much potential as this guy and he's already here on scholarship. And as TFLF posted, unless he can rush the passer or stuff the run, he would just be piling on to the position that we already have decent depth at, at least for now.

I doubt that he makes UTEP much better than they were last year, unless they too, had a QB last year that couldn't throw an accurate pass more than 10 yards down the field, like we suffered through for 2012. If they did, then maybe they will be a loss instead of a win, but I'm still counting this as very winnable, at least until our team tells me something different once the season gets started.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Berglund has just as much potential as this guy and he's already here on scholarship. And as TFLF posted, unless he can rush the passer or stuff the run, he would just be piling on to the position that we already have decent depth at, at least for now.

I doubt that he makes UTEP much better than they were last year, unless they too, had a QB last year that couldn't throw an accurate pass more than 10 yards down the field, like we suffered through for 2012. If they did, then maybe they will be a loss instead of a win, but I'm still counting this as very winnable, at least until our team tells me something different once the season gets started.

Don't follow them all that close, but I do beleive they had a lot of issues at QB last year and that this was a big concern going in to the offseason

• Upvote 1