Jacoby Brissett QB Florida to transfer

Harry

GAINESVILLE —

Jacoby Brissett will take another shot at being a starting quarterback, though it will not be at Florida.

Brissett, a true sophomore from Dwyer High School, has informed the Gators that he will leave the program and is in the process of picking a new school. UF coach Will Muschamp must approve any destination on his list.

By leaving now, Brissett can go through spring practices with his new team. He must sit out the upcoming season and can return as a red-shirt junior in 2014.

Florida confirmed that he is leaving and announced that fellow sophomore Chris Johnson, mainly a special teams player, is too.

“Both Jacoby and Chris expressed an interest in transferring and getting a fresh start,” Muschamp said. “We are very thankful for their contributions to the University of Florida and wish them the best of luck.”

There appeared to be no future for Brissett in Gainesville with fellow sophomore Jeff Driskel firmly planted as the starter. Brissett played sparingly this year, only earning a true start when Driskel was sidelined by a sprained ankle. He technically started the season opener, though he exited after the first snap and played less than one quarter.

Read more: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/college-football/ex-dwyer-high-qb-jacoby-brissett-to-transfer-from-/nTn7j/

If he and Berglund weren't in the same class, Brisset might be worth a Mac fishing expedition.

Actually, Berglund has three years and Brissett only two. With Brock and DT as well as McNulty and Williams he may not see it being a good opportunity,

He's already named a list of where he might go & we were no where close

Something more realistic , Iowa State just had 2 announce they are transferring & 1 was a QB ( Barnett I think is his name )

You mean THIS Jared Barnett? From GARLAND, TX?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jared-Barnett-85347;_ylt=AvSQ8AC13MC7R0UmwvgXIQNHPZB4

Definitely worth a look...

He's already named a list of where he might go & we were no where close

Something more realistic , Iowa State just had 2 announce they are transferring & 1 was a QB ( Barnett I think is his name )

i believe barnett is from garland and had a few good games as a true freshman last year or the year before.

Doesn't mean they will stay on scholarship.

Just sayin...

QBs projected to be on scholarship for the 2013 season:

Derek Thompson--Senior season, has started more games for UNT than probably anybody since Scott Hall. Even if he loses the starting job next year, that experience is huge for a #2 QB. The only way I see him not on scholarship next season is if he does lose the starting job and decides on his own that he doesn't feel like sticking around another year to be a backup. The fact that he will already have started graduate school will work against him doing that.

Brock Berglund--An elite QB prospect, and according to "inside reports," plays like an elite QB in practice. He's not losing his scholly.

McNulty - Coach Mac's "virtual nephew." He's golden. I suppose there is the possibility that he could change positions; but if he hasn't done that already, I doubt he's going to.

Dajon Williams - Only freshman QB recruit of the 2013 class.

I assume you are referring to the Osborne situation in your post, and I hear you. I just don't see anything like that happening between now and the beginning of next season.

QBs projected to be on scholarship for the 2013 season:

Derek Thompson--Senior season, has started more games for UNT than probably anybody since Scott Hall. Even if he loses the starting job next year, that experience is huge for a #2 QB. The only way I see him not on scholarship next season is if he does lose the starting job and decides on his own that he doesn't feel like sticking around another year to be a backup. The fact that he will already have started graduate school will work against him doing that.

Brock Berglund--An elite QB prospect, and according to "inside reports," plays like an elite QB in practice. He's not losing his scholly.

McNulty - Coach Mac's "virtual nephew." He's golden. I suppose there is the possibility that he could change positions; but if he hasn't done that already, I doubt he's going to.

Dajon Williams - Only freshman QB recruit of the 2013 class.

I assume you are referring to the Osborne situation in your post, and I hear you. I just don't see anything like that happening between now and the beginning of next season.

McNulty should be moved to safety or slot receiver. He is wasting his college career and we are wasting his talent pretending he is a FBS QB.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1