'15 QB Chris Riddle (Florida)

Harry

Thank you, Withers -

I was really hoping it would pan-out, because I really felt like UNT was a great fit. I'm with you regarding his recruitment because it's picking up to include some promising interest from other FAU programs. Who knows, maybe he'll end up playing against UNT some day.

I wish I could, Rudy. If there's a silver lining it would be that Canales still calls Chris every week. So you know he's not giving up on Chris. In case I didn't make it clear before, this was NOT Chico's decision to pass on a 2015 HS QB. But, I completely understand the reasoning. I was told there are higher recruiting priorities for the 2015 and the Mac doesn't want to waste a scholly on a 15 HS QB. But, you never know...that could change down the road.

GMG

For anyone who still didn't believe that Mac was the end all be all with QB recruiting.

If there's a silver lining it would be that Canales still calls Chris every week. So you know he's not giving up on Chris.

Thanks for the update.

Makes me wonder...if Chico is thinking he will be gone this season (which I don't think), will he take some recruits with him?

While NT is no longer actively recruiting Chris, I thought I'd share his final season highlight video for those who were following him and interested in his recruitment regardless of where he lands. There are a couple C-USA programs showing some late interest. And although I don't think it's likely, I'm still hoping things change with NT's recruiting decision to take a 2015 HS QB.

Thanks everyone and Go Mean Green!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2464718/highlights/158367386

Edited by RiddleMeThisGT
  • Upvote 1

While NT is no longer actively recruiting Chris, I thought I'd share his final season highlight video for those who were following him and interested in his recruitment regardless of where he lands. There are a couple C-USA programs showing some late interest. And although I don't think it's likely, I'm still hoping things change with NT's recruiting decision to take a 2015 HS QB.

Thanks everyone and Go Mean Green!

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2464718/highlights/158367386

Coach Mac said today they will take a qb for the class of 15. Does this open back up chris's recruiting?

Mr RiddleMeThisGT

Thank you for the highlight videos! Chris is a very good QB. I can see why you are a proud papa!

I wanted to ask for a review of the top WR's that Chris passes to.

Looks like # 15 is the # 1 target, then followed by # 34 as the number two target.

I like # 15- he catches every pass thrown his way!

Maybe # 15 could come to North Texas too?

Thanks for your response.

• Upvote 1

Mr RiddleMeThisGT

Thank you for the highlight videos! Chris is a very good QB. I can see why you are a proud papa!

I wanted to ask for a review of the top WR's that Chris passes to.

Looks like # 15 is the # 1 target, then followed by # 34 as the number two target.

I like # 15- he catches every pass thrown his way!

Maybe # 15 could come to North Texas too?

Thanks for your response.

His top target was actually number 7, who was the QB until Chris transferred in. 7 (DJ) was able to read coverages and adjust his route. So Chris and DJ were often on the same page. Also, when Chris had to bail, DJ would adjust his route and get open which is great for Chris, who has a knack for keeping his eyes down field when he's in trouble to look for opportunities. You'll see in a few of those plays, when Chris is flushed out of the pocket, it's number 7 getting open for a big gain.

15 is a solid player as well. He's only a sophomore but is big. He'll end up being a top TE recruit in the next couple years.

Legit Question Mr. Riddle. Does Chris mind if Canales isnt invited back next year? Is he more excited about playing under Canales or UNT?

There is no doubt that it has been Chico who's built the rapport with Chris. That being said, if given the opportunity, Chris is a smart kid and knows that it's the program - not the coach - who provides the athletic and academic opportunities. At the end of the day, And if I know Chris, he'd say it's the love of the game and bond with his team mates that drives him. It's never been a coach.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd just check in and give anyone who may be interested in Chris, an update.  Chris had a couple walk-on offers from Rutgers and Kentucky.  However, he felt like he'd be settling and wanted another year to prove himself for a full ride scholarship somewhere.  So, we elected to enroll him at Atlanta Sports Academy and essentially reclass him as a 2016 recruit.  While Canales is still keeping a loose eye on Chris at best, nothing else has gone on with his UNT recruitment.  Yesterday I tweeted a 3 minute quick hitter highlight reel (see below) to Mac in hopes of getting his attention.  After all, if Mac does decide to take a 2016 HS QB, I hope he at least gives Chris a look.  I know I'm probably barking up the wrong tree with UNT,but the truth is, I don't go on these fan boards hardly at all and almost never interact.  But, around a year ago when Canales seemed certain he was gonna offer, I stumbled upon GMG and I really grew to like the fan base.  Over time, I felt like North Texas might be a great fit for Chris.  And although I have no connection to UNT, I still DVR all of the games that are televised.  Sorry about the tough loss this week against SMU.  I'm hoping these coaches can right the ship...and soon!

Go Mean Green!

Chris Riddle Highlights

P.S. if anyone knows of a coach I should get Chris' film in front of, other than Chico, by all means let me know.

Best of luck. Your kid looks awesome.

robin-crying-drunk-under-desk.gif

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 1

Great highlights!  Would like to see your son in Denton playing for the Man Green.   I would imagine Mac had some input in not offering.  You see, there are no highlights of Chris handing the ball off to a running back.  Not sure if he can do that under Mac's offense.  And no QB scrambling allowed when you can't find an open receiver!

Seriously, good luck to your son.  And thanks for posting.

• Upvote 3

Great highlights!  Would like to see your son in Denton playing for the Man Green.   I would imagine Mac had some input in not offering.  You see, there are no highlights of Chris handing the ball off to a running back.  Not sure if he can do that under Mac's offense.  And no QB scrambling allowed when you can't find an open receiver!

Seriously, good luck to your son.  And thanks for posting.

Thanks.  I'm cautiously optimistic that Mac will have a change of heart and want to at least look at 2016 HS QB's.  I'll just keep sending Mac film until he blocks me on Twitter.

• Upvote 5

UNT hired a marketing firm to roll Mccarneys twitter feed for him. It's just cliche crap that gets put up there such as quotes or what not. If you want to really show you son off go into college websites and pull up emails of not just the head coach but also coordinators and assistants and forward it to them that way. Good Luck to your son. I hope the best for him. 

Btw, we are still atrocious at the QB position. 

UNT hired a marketing firm to roll Mccarneys twitter feed for him. It's just cliche crap that gets put up there such as quotes or what not. If you want to really show you son off go into college websites and pull up emails of not just the head coach but also coordinators and assistants and forward it to them that way. Good Luck to your son. I hope the best for him. 

Btw, we are still atrocious at the QB position. 

Thanks, Ben.  Good to know about the Twitter account.  I actually do send emails as well.  Most universities have a publicly accessible staff directory search utility you can use to lookup coaches email when they're not listed on the athletic site. 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I know the likeliness of Canales earning the HC position is an uphill battle.  But, I wanted to let those interested know, that Chico has reengaged Chris with weekly calls and has invited him for a game day visit this Halloween.  We'll see y'all at the game.

3 Minute Quick Hitter Reel

Our athletic director came on the gomeangreen podcast and stated pretty clearly that Canales wasn't viewing this as a job audition, and that RV was not going to consider him either.

Here's an audio link, not sure when he says it:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/podcast/gmgpod152.mp3

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

I know the likeliness of Canales earning the HC position is an uphill battle.  But, I wanted to let those interested know, that Chico has reengaged Chris with weekly calls and has invited him for a game day visit this Halloween.  We'll see y'all at the game.

3 Minute Quick Hitter Reel

Thanks for the update. The 3 minute video is nice. Going strictly off of that, if you put your kid on our team right now he has the 2nd best arm and maybe the most accurate as is. I hope he gets an offer from someone. I would imagine it's only a matter of time at this point. He seems like he has some nice tools at his disposal to build on.