Congrats to our players

emmitt01

I've read this board for sometime and kept quiet. Figured if I didn't have something good to say, why say anything? However, I couldn't help myself after reading some of these comments. I'm not sure some of you would be satisfied if we had won by 50 last night. Do you really get how shorthanded this team was? Do you have any idea how little last nights group had played together? How can you not show respect?

Actually, I believe I do know how you couldn't get it. I'm betting not one of you who are making the asinine comments ever played a sport at the division 1 level besides beer pong. You have no idea what's going on with this team.

Try attending games. Try being positive. Try being supportive rather than divisive. These players are proudly wearing North Texas uniforms. Sit in the visitor section if you can't support these guys. Better yet, go sit by the great Mean Green Basketball Band & you can learn a few things about supporting your team.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I've read this board for sometime and kept quiet. Figured if I didn't have something good to say, why say anything? However, I couldn't help myself after reading some of these comments. I'm not sure some of you would be satisfied if we had won by 50 last night. Do you really get how shorthanded this team was? Do you have any idea how little last nights group had played together? How can you not show respect?

Actually, I believe I do know how you couldn't get it. I'm betting not one of you who are making the asinine comments ever played a sport at the division 1 level besides beer pong. You have no idea what's going on with this team.

Try attending games. Try being positive. Try being supportive rather than divisive. These players are proudly wearing North Texas uniforms. Sit in the visitor section if you can't support these guys. Better yet, go sit by the great Mean Green Basketball Band & you can learn a few things about supporting your team.

I Love this post! This is what any player on this team would tell any one of these negative talking heads (Dr. Suess, Emmitt, CBL, Army of Dad etc...).

+1 for speaking the truth

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm a changed man! I will not be an obsessed fan on my team's fan chat board sayin my opinion. I will take my daughter to cheer camp and learn to smile and cheer no matter what is going on. If you choose to come play here or coach here I have no expectations of you other than showing up.

• Upvote 2

Typical smart ass answer from you guys. Never said there shouldn't be expectations or disappointment. In fact, my opinion is that expectations have been too low around here for a long time. What you guys don't get is that your opinion on here doesn't mean squat. No positive impact whatsoever. Negative impact on important things like players and recruits.

If you want change, express your creative ideas and constructive criticism to those who affect change rather than the piranhas on here. Unless your eyes are closed, the AD and his staff are pretty visible. Try calling the AD with a suggestion. You'd be surprised at how much he'll listen.

Oh and by the way, KRAM is right. Sustained success in D1 athletics is directly related to funding. Give more....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

LOL This is truly funny. I for one am flattered you think that I am skiver. Skiver is a former college basket player, NBA league player and college basketball coach. Sadly I am not him, nor am I half as athletic as him, but I do hold many of his opinions since we know each other. I do not personally know Green_Dude, but I am happy that someone on here knows a little something about how a basketball program and athletic program is run.

I do fall under his category of "piranhas" though. I myself do enjoy the banter on here, but I may just talk to a few more people at the games who knows. One day I am at the urinal next to Hank D. and the next it could be Tony M. In all seriousness though welcome aboard Green_Dude. I look forward to reading your posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I Love this post! This is what any player on this team would tell any one of these negative talking heads (Dr. Suess, Emmitt, CBL, Army of Dad etc...).

+1 for speaking the truth

Oh I'm pretty sure the players know that we support them. Their current coach, not so much.

Edited to ad: this from the guy who attacks CJ at almost every opportunity!

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

Oh I'm pretty sure the players know that we support them. Their current coach, not so much.

Edited to ad: this from the guy who attacks CJ at almost every opportunity!

attack him every opportunity? Essentially what I have said is this... he has a lot of growing up (maturing) to do (both on and off the court). He has made a lot of bad choices on the court this year that could have cost us a few close games (St. Louis, lala, D2 loss). It still irks me we lost those 3 games plus UTA n WKU. I am fine with our other loses outside outside of those.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

LOL This is truly funny. I for one am flattered you think that I am skiver. Skiver is a former college basket player, NBA league player and college basketball coach. Sadly I am not him, nor am I half as athletic as him, but I do hold many of his opinions since we know each other. I do not personally know Green_Dude, but I am happy that someone on here knows a little something about how a basketball program and athletic program is run.

I do fall under his category of "piranhas" though. I myself do enjoy the banter on here, but I may just talk to a few more people at the games who knows. One day I am at the urinal next to Hank D. and the next it could be Tony M. In all seriousness though welcome aboard Green_Dude. I look forward to reading your posts.

Nut ridin yourself from a different handle. Now I really have seen it all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know UNT90. He is a former NBA all-star and future hall of famer. He is more athletic than Tony Mitchell, a better shooter than Tristan Thompson, and has advised Coach K on coaching stratagy before the national title game (not the one he almost lost to Butler, though).

Oh wait....

Wrong profile.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I know UNT90. He is a former NBA all-star and future hall of famer. He is more athletic than Tony Mitchell, a better shooter than Tristan Thompson, and has advised Coach K on coaching stratagy before the national title game (not the one he almost lost to Butler, though)."

With all that I'm surprised you don't post more informed comments.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I know UNT90. He is a former NBA all-star and future hall of famer. He is more athletic than Tony Mitchell, a better shooter than Tristan Thompson, and has advised Coach K on coaching stratagy before the national title game (not the one he almost lost to Butler, though)."

With all that I'm surprised you don't post more informed comments.

Ok, Skivandude.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1