The evidence is overwhelming...

meanrob

How is that different than you are doing now? You have to have a good record to go to a bowl and even better to a playoff.

Because if it was only a 4 or 8 team playoff then some good teams would still be available for upsets in bowls. I just think 16 is too many. It does not leave room for what we love the most. Like the NIU and FSU game (Even though NIU did not show up). If we had a 16 team playoff this would never happen. Keep a small playoff system and a big bowl system.

• Upvote 1

Because if it was only a 4 or 8 team playoff then some good teams would still be available for upsets in bowls. I just think 16 is too many. It does not leave room for what we love the most. Like the NIU and FSU game (Even though NIU did not show up). If we had a 16 team playoff this would never happen. Keep a small playoff system and a big bowl system.

I don't get this. You are saying that if we keep the playoff small, we get the NIU-FSU in a meaningless bowl game and it makes you happier than getting to see more than one of these matchups in a 16 team playoff where every conference champion gets in and the games mean something and could get even better if those teams win. Not sure I understand your logic.

Does it make the SEC better?

Yes. I read where the Big 12 was better earlier in the thread. Well, tonight, the Big 12's co-champs by an SEC school who didn't even play in its title game. Both of the Big 12 co-champs had their butts handed to them this week.

The Big 12's only two bowl wins were squeakers that came done to the final minute of the game. Weak.

The SEC is the king until someone knocks them off the throne.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes. I read where the Big 12 was better earlier in the thread. Well, tonight, the Big 12's co-champs by an SEC school who didn't even play in its title game. Both of the Big 12 co-champs had their butts handed to them this week.

The Big 12's only two bowl wins were squeakers that came done to the final minute of the game. Weak.

The SEC is the king until someone knocks them off the throne.

1. None of that has anything to do with a PAC12 school beating a Big 12 school.
  2. Big 12 has won 4 bowl games, including 2 blowouts. You don't keep up with current events very well.
  3. Not arguing otherwise.

Congrats to aTm. But they didn't suddenly blow out oU because they are now a big bad SEC team. They had superior QB play, and shut down Landry Jones. The end.

• Upvote 1

It was pretty amazing to see OU reduced to what appeared to be a mid-level Big 12 team. I was against the Sumlin hire, but goodness what he has done with the horses in the SEC is amazing. I also believe the SEC prepared the Aggies mentally. They showed up cocky and stayed that way while thumping a team I often root for. I almost felt earlier this week that OU knew exactly what was coming to them. It looked like they were going to rattle Johnny early, but you can't get field goals against the maroon. Once Johnny Football got rolling it was over. I liked the opening too about Texas A&M representing the State of Texas and the SEC.

Aggie Nation rising.

GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1