Two years

trussbussdad

And that is exactly the point. They've built something steadily over 45 years that we seem to demand in sixth months. It's a very different, more arduous journey for UNT.

The problem is that we demanded it in "six months" of Simon's tenure. Then "six months" of Dickey's (he actually delivered something). Then "six months" of the Dodge debacle. And now we want results from Mac after "two years". Simply resetting the clock doesn't change the fact that people have been waiting.

And many STILL miss the point. Those who read this board religiously and post can be told "wait til next year because.....and fill in ghe blank...." almost perpetually. We'll be around if/when it turns around. But as generation after generation of Mean Green student fails to "buy in" because of the same ol' same ol' we don't build the base. And the general public still lives by the old adage "I hear what you say, but I see what you mean".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Green Mean....the comparison is not to a high school program; the same comparison could be made to any number of programs whether it is high school, college or professional that undergoes a 'makeover'. The comparison was made to a time frame only and the success that this particular high school has had after a coaching change. I choose that high school only because that is the only 'system' that i am half way familiar with. Please excuse my ignorance that I cannot call out any other name other than the one that has been mentioned here way too many times.

Again...my son believes in UNT and all that is associated with UNT...school, athletics and the coaches...Thus, I believe in my son. Please excuse my ignorance and inability to recall any other progam.

GMG

• Upvote 2

gksmith...my son appears to finally have the school concept thing. it may have something to do with any short comings in the class has a little different consequences than when he was at home. LOL Although every college football player has dreams of playing in the NFL...my son realizes his chance to play is so much smaller than the percentage of boys that get to play college football at any level, much less D1.

• Upvote 2

OH...Shaft...I will make sure and pass this on to a friend of mine who's daughter played vollebal at Martin and in college ....SHE might have something to say about that. I pitty you if she takes offense to that comment....LOL

Would you be referring to a certain former Martin/Seton Hall volleyball player? Yeah, she would have something to say to you, all the way from Cambridge, Massachusetts where she is attending Harvard medical school.

Also, Tom Grieve's daughter played volleyball there.