Red zone offense

outoftown

If we had a competent QB we could very easily be 6-5 at this time. I'm not blaming the entire deal on DT, but I refuse to downplay the ability to complete ROUTINE PASSING ROUTES / COMPLETIONS from the junior high passing tree that our #7 seemingly can't throw accurately on a routine basis. Sure, I would love the WR's to be standing wide open, but at the FBS level they simply aren't going to be ridiculously open on a consistent basis. Have to have a QB who can get them the ball and make the routine throws. We don't and it absolutely kills us in a number of ways. Only 1 more game with this nonsense...

DT has a timing problem as to when to get the ball out. Thats why so many of his passes are behind the receivers. His biggest problem is his inability to go through a progression to find the open receiver. I know the TE is the third read on some routes, but #1 Power, has been wide open all year and DT never sees him. Power is 6'5" and is a mismatch for LBs and CBs. It seems like a QB would be looking for mismatches to make plays.

• Upvote 2

DT has a timing problem as to when to get the ball out. Thats why so many of his passes are behind the receivers. His biggest problem is his inability to go through a progression to find the open receiver. I know the TE is the third read on some routes, but #1 Power, has been wide open all year and DT never sees him. Power is 6'5" and is a mismatch for LBs and CBs. It seems like a QB would be looking for mismatches to make plays.

spot on