Men's Hoops Jerseys?

biggiejerseys

I believe it has a lot to do with Nike. It looks like we purchase all of our Nike uniforms and merchandise like a high school team would, from a catalog. The Nike team catalogs can be found here: http://niketeam.nike...ownload_catalog

In other words, Nike isn't making anything FOR us like they do for larger schools like UT and OU. We are ordering FROM them. Go to a store and compare the Nike UT and OU items to the Nike UNT items. There are differences in the way the logos are applied and the tagging among other things. We just order the blank merchandise and have our logo put on. Hence the difference in the logo between the coaches polo you can buy at the bookstore and the one you can get at Voertmans. Because we are just picking out a design from a catalog like any other team at any level can do, I don't think Nike jerseys for us to buy would even be available. This is also why Marshall can have the same uniforms as us. I think it would take the bookstore or somebody else with the license to buy the jerseys like the team would, but the price point would probably be too high for most.

That doesn't explain why there aren't cheap replicas like in the past, but if I'm going to buy a jersey, I'll buy a Nike jersey or no jersey at all.

Looks like we use the Destroyer Game Jerseys and Pants on page 20.

http://niketeam.nike.com/niketeamsports/content/pdf/catalog_thumbs/fall_2012/mens/football.pdf

A problem I've run into a couple times with the book store and even Voertman's is that once they sellout an item, especially Nike, they never restock or if they do it takes weeks. When I asked about the couple items I was looking for they told me, "they no longer carry the item" which baffles me because they sold out of it in less than a month so why not order more?

Talking about our bookstore just puts me in a bad mood because once you see what other schools have you really see how bad ours is. We don't even have a dressing room...smh

It's pretty sad, but its been this way for YEARS and doubt it changes anytime soon. I went into Voertmans at the start of the football season and was astonished at how poor the selection was. I pretty much just go to Fan Fanatics these days.

Funny you mention Voertmans because I was actually there tonight for a stop to get some gear and I too was very surprised at how little they had. It seems like they had a lot more and better stuff from before which doesn't make any sense to me.

It's always odd when I universities run into these types of problems when they teach students to solve these types of problems. Where is COBA and why are they not used to figure out a way to satisfy customers (us) and maximize revenue (for the AD). And if it cannot be solved well then I'll get to tearing up my degree because what is the point then?

• Upvote 1

It's always odd when I universities run into these types of problems when they teach students to solve these types of problems. Where is COBA and why are they not used to figure out a way to satisfy customers (us) and maximize revenue (for the AD). And if it cannot be solved well then I'll get to tearing up my degree because what is the point then?

Amen man -- we had two good alums start up a business at their own expense to try and fill this void several years ago. I was so dismayed at the obstacles they faced in trying to secure the necessary licenses and the cost which took away any slim profit margin that they needed to keep the lights on. I honestly just steer clear of these discussions because I see it as a can't win situation. They would rather NOT have any of this gear be available if it means their pockets would be lined with silver instead of gold. I also grant that part of this is a demand issue and I know we are not UT but this thing has been a mess.

Amen man -- we had two good alums start up a business at their own expense to try and fill this void several years ago. I was so dismayed at the obstacles they faced in trying to secure the necessary licenses and the cost which took away any slim profit margin that they needed to keep the lights on. I honestly just steer clear of these discussions because I see it as a can't win situation. They would rather NOT have any of this gear be available if it means their pockets would be lined with silver instead of gold. I also grant that part of this is a demand issue and I know we are not UT but this thing has been a mess.

Yep. I've always said that we don't even need UT-level scale or variety. I mean no one is asking for home/road/alternate unis for Brandon Walton and Overlander. We just want the most popular player on the team -- the one we've been marketing to any and everyone.

That said, I like the fan shop at Apogee. I've bought lots of Mean Green gear from the bookstore and ol' vortys. I don't want to make it seem like some kind of gigantic fail --it's just an obvious flaw