Question for you pro tailgaters

NTerock

What is my best option for getting a TV to work on the hill? Anything besides a satellite dish?

Sorry if this has already been discussed a billion times. I've been MIA since graduating in May.

Weel if you want more than local, a dish is the only way to go. If your fine with local, Get yourslef an amplified digital antenna. Or you can get your self a large spool of coax, a distributioin amplifier and your cale box and un spool the coax as you drive down the highway. Warning it'll be a B%^& to roll it back up.

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

if you have a mobile hotspot... and then you have internet access to something that could give you the watch espn app (ipad... cell phone with a lot of charge.... etc) you could hook that up to your tv... lot more stuff... but it works just as well...

Weel if you want more than local, a dish is the only way to go. If your fine with local, Get yourslef an amplified digital antenna. Or you can get your self a large spool of coax, a distributioin amplifier and your cale box and un spool the coax as you drive down the highway. Warning it'll be a B%^& to roll it back up.

Spoken like somebody who went to film and radio school.

• Upvote 1

if you have a mobile hotspot... and then you have internet access to something that could give you the watch espn app (ipad... cell phone with a lot of charge.... etc) you could hook that up to your tv... lot more stuff... but it works just as well...

This can also be done but would rerquire and additional a/v adapter for said iPad or iPhone, or Apple tv or andorid device, and a Pay provider that supoorts the Watch espn App.t im sure there is an illeagal ways of aquiring feeds from said streaming apps. Slilngbox is another option but expensive. Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 1

This can also be done but would rerquire and additional a/v adapter for said iPad or iPhone, or Apple tv or andorid device, and a Pay provider that supoorts the Watch espn App.t im sure there is an illeagal ways of aquiring feeds from said streaming apps. Slilngbox is another option but expensive.

yeah... me and my crew are going to try this route in about a week

• Upvote 1

As mentioned, if you only want over-the-air channels, no problem. I used just a $20 set of amplified rabbit ears and the picture is great. That's how we watched one of the World Series games that was after one of the Mean Green games last season.

that was the homecoming game that I had to miss to go to the World Series, and the Rangers got rocked by Pujols. lose-lose.

• Upvote 1

Im picking up an HDMI connector for my phone or ipad today.. Then watch all the games via watchespn app... Ill let you know if it works

Definitely let us know. It might work better than streamed through a computer to a TV. If so, that would make for less gear for hosting streamed watching parties.

:)

• Upvote 1