TXA live at Apogee tonight

Cowtown

It's not the program that he is negative about, it's some of the people who are in charge of it.

And until such time as when you have completely re-built one of our major spirit icons, and hold practice every year so that the talons know how to shoot it, you might be in a position to be critical of FFR.

I'm not bowing down to the guy that rebuilt the cannon just so that he can have the right to be cynical to every decision made at North Texas. Furthermore, I can be critical of whoever I want. This is a forum. If the AD saw as many negative comments the FFR posts on here then I'm positive they would relieve him of his duties. Negativity doesn't inspire anyone.

Enthusiasm and positivity inspires people, not what Rick does. If FFR does so much for the program (care for BOOMER) then why not be a champion of the program vs. tear it down? I would think that FFR has so much time and money invested in this program that it would pain him to talk so negatively about it. That's just me.

I'm all for anyone that is positive, excited, and involved with the school. Too many alums have no interest in our school because they aren't inspired to get involved by others.

That's like letting T.O. ruin your team because he is a good athlete.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Grant pretty much saves his criticisms for RV directly, not for an Internet forum.

That's exactly how I feel. Thank you Todd for relaying that point. I take my issues/praises straight to the decision makers, and people who can do something about it.

There is actually some newer Nike gear for women that was posted recently on MeanGreenGear.com

There is also some new Nike gear on the UNT Bookstore website.

Really, that's good to hear. My wife and I were in the area on Saturday, but couldn't find a place to park near the bookstore.

• Upvote 1

And just as a side note, the AD can't "relieve" FFR of anything. He volunteers to help Talons and keep Boomer top form. And thanks for that Rick.

You Know Rick as a fan. I don't. Never met the guy. I think of him what he relates on this site. I was being facieses about relieving him of his duties.

• Upvote 3

My wife and I watched the show on Tuesday evening and thought it was really well done. It was an hour show with over half of it coming from Apogee stadium. The UNT portion was hosted by Gina Miller. She wore a bright green blouse and later chastized the studio guys for not wearing their green ties. She was seated in a director's chair on the playing field with the scoreboard in the background. The scoreboard had The Fan logo on it. She interviewed Coach Mac, Rick V, and two players - Derek Thompson and Brandon McCoy. Coach Mac was his usual upbeat self and emphasized the progress that has been made in the short time that he has been there and the amount of progress that still needs to be made to get to where the program wants to go. Rick talked about the Mean Green Villiage and all the facilities that have been built in a fairly short period of time. The players were very well spoken with "Yes, ma'am" and "No, ma'am" coming very naturally from them. Brandon talked some about his time in the Army in Iraq and how fortunate he was to have not been killed when a mortar round exploded near him. Derek mentioned that he had already received his degree from North Texas and was in graduate school now. Both players spoke about how their experiences last year made them better players and that they were looking forward to this season. They were great representatives for the athletic department and for the university. The show repeatedly had film clips from the Houston game and the Indiana game. Ms. Miller constantly referenced how nice Apogee stadium was and how neat it was that the scoreboard had their Fan logo on it. All in all it was a very well produced program. I plan to send a note of Thanks for both Channel 21 for their coverage and to the folks in the UNT athletic department for their part in making it happen. It was great publicity for us.

Thanks for the recap Huff!

Jeez, Grant you are the KING of hijacking threads lol.

+5 to you. I just can't let little smartass quips go unnoticed. Again, it's the fact that I'm so in to this program that it pains me to see people so down on it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2