Is it just me, or does anyone else think the US Men's Basketball Uniforms are about the ugliest uniforms every created! Man, those things are just plain U-G-L-Y!!! At least the ones they wore last evening in their tune-up win over Spain. man, how I hope that is not the only set they have...were those ugly things made by Nike?????

YUCK!

But, as long as they win, I really don't much care what the uniforms look like......really!

Maybe I'm a bad patriot, but eff the US Men's basketball team so hard. 2008 gave birth to the current monster that is the NBA superstar best friends and that has led me to the point where I have no interest in rooting for the majority of these people anywhere. If you want to see how it's done, watch the 1992 Dream Team scrimmage. Think the guys were spending their downtime* trying to figure out how to get Bird, Jordan and Barkley on the same team somewhere?

/Rant over

*They were probably just gambling

• Upvote 3

Maybe I'm a bad patriot, but eff the US Men's basketball team so hard. 2008 gave birth to the current monster that is the NBA superstar best friends and that has led me to the point where I have no interest in rooting for the majority of these people anywhere. If you want to see how it's done, watch the 1992 Dream Team scrimmage. Think the guys were spending their downtime* trying to figure out how to get Bird, Jordan and Barkley on the same team somewhere?

/Rant over

Quoner, you are spot on with this rant. It shouldn't even be allowed. The Olympics were for amateurs, not people who make their living at the sport. The Russians killed that by paying athletes to do nothing but train for the Olympics, essentially making them professionals. I say get the professionals out and turn it back to the college players even if it means fewer Olympic medals.

To keep it on topic...you're right, Kram, the uniforms are ugly. In light of what's happened this year that's another gripe. Uniforms and other clothing of our Olympians should be selected by the Olympic Committee and made in the United States! That should be the criterion whether donated or not.

• Upvote 1

Olympics haven't been for amateurs in a generation or more. If people don't have a problem with track athletes or swimmers getting paid, or having sponsorships (and I rarely if ever hear complaints about Ryan Lochte or Phelps in this regard) - then people shouldn't complain about NBA Players being in them.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Olympics haven't been for amatuers in a generastion or more. If people don't have a problem with track athletes or swimmers getting paid, or having sponsorships (and I rarely if ever hear complaints about Ryan Lochte or Phelps in this regard) - then people shouldn't complain about NBA Players being in them.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people think that Olympic athletes should be even more financially crippled than they already are. Let them at least make a living at the thing they're most talented in.

Also, watch the documentary on the 1992 Dream Team.

• Upvote 2

/Rant over

I dont know why your so pissed about the Olympic team buddy system. After all, the Mavs probably wouldn't have Chris Kaman without it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To make an on topic point, yes the uniforms suck.

I agree with Quoner that the NBA has turned into something crappy, but I wouldn't blame the olympics for that. These guys are all about the money and fame these days, and that's what happened in Miami. OKC is different since they built through the draft. The Celtics built through trades. The Nets built through draft and trades. Any team other than the Heat that has built a Big 3 type core hasn't just been the lucky recipient of having a good location, no core, and tons of cap space, like Miami was. That's why bandwagon Heat fans crack me up. I don't even think of it as a real team. It's a collection of superstars that would have accumulated anywhere if the cap space was there to do it. Miami just got lucky.

• Upvote 1