ESPN3 to Carry Sun Belt Football Media Day

I think it's great, really well done and very fun to watch. Could care less about the sets. I thought Mac did a great job and looked good. He represents us so well. FIU Mario Cristobal was very impressive as well. I'm watching it now - Willie Taggart is being interviewed - and hope they will archive it so I can watch it again! Say what you want about the Belt but they gave some damn good coaches. ESPN 3 has been really good for us and this program is no exception.

MTSU's coach said they had a lot of young guys on defense who are bigger and stronger now. Also said that they lost their top running back to injury and that made it tougher for their quarterback. Interestingly enough he has coached for both Bowden's and says next to his dad, Bobby Bowden is his biggest role model.

Willie Taggart, kind of quiet spoken but at times very excited. Says they were trying to develop guys into D-I players and now he's landing them in recruiting...says they are recruiting guys that you "want to get off with you on the bus.." I noticed they have a key matchup against Kentucky early in their season. WKU loses Rainey but they bring back most of their lines and they have a linebacker Keith ? (#5) that might be the most physical player in the Belt - plays like LT.

MTSU's coach said they had a lot of young guys on defense who are bigger and stronger now. Also said that they lost their top running back to injury and that made it tougher for their quarterback. Interestingly enough he has coached for both Bowden's and says next to his dad, Bobby Bowden is his biggest role model.

Willie Taggart, kind of quiet spoken but at times very excited. Says they were trying to develop guys into D-I players and now he's landing them in recruiting...says they are recruiting guys that you "want to get off with you on the bus.." I noticed they have a key matchup against Kentucky early in their season. WKU loses Rainey but they bring back most of their lines and they have a linebacker Keith ? (#5) that might be the most physical player in the Belt - plays like LT.

I will not take a swing at this softball/ Penn State

Interesting, Coach Fran and the Texas State team was in New Orleans and was interviewed even though they aren't in until next year. Makes you wonder if Mac and Cristobal will be invited to C-USA media days...

Was very impressed with both Gus Malzahn and Coach Fran interviews. Both of these guys come across on camera very well. These interviewers did a nice job.

Coach Jones from South Alabama looks a lot like Bobby Valentine. They play 13 games in 14 weeks. They finish the season at Hawaii and he said they have a lot of students volunteering to be water boys, equipment managers for that game. Since they can't go to a bowl he said that's their bowl game. Well spoken, looks like a good coach.

Georgia State Bill Curry up next. He's aged some but still very well spoken and makes a great presentation. 100k GSU alums in Atlanta. Last year was very disappointing to him record wise. Wishes they would have had a chance for a more gradual move up but hey this is the way it is. Gotta say Curry is a big asset to their program.