Chris Barnett (Euless 2011) 4* wants to play for the Mean Green

I just saw this on Twitter and it looks like Trice sent it on to the coaching staff

"IMA SAY IT NOW IF #UNTOFFER ME, IM COMING I NEED TO STAY CLOSE TO HOME FOR MY FAMILY AND MOMMA"

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Chris-Barnett-89918

http://touchthebanner.blogspot.com/2011/08/chris-barnett-plans-to-continue-with.html

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4060904

now since he never showed up to play at Michigan....doesn't that mean he would have 4 yrs of eligibility?

Obviously a ton of potential here.... guy is huge and played lights out for Trinity. He did however have a recruiting trail issue with committing to OU then saying he was going to Ark. then committing to Michigan but not following through with that. Hopefully he is ready to work and earn a place at the table if that opportunity presents itself.

Obviously a ton of potential here.... guy is huge and played lights out for Trinity. He did however have a recruiting trail issue with committing to OU then saying he was going to Ark. then committing to Michigan but not following through with that. Hopefully he is ready to work and earn a place at the table if that opportunity presents itself.

Also hope he is in football shape.

Transfers transfer for a reason, and usually either have baggage or were overvalued in the first place.

Hopefully he is the exception.

It would be interesting if someone more motivated than myself could put together an all time UNT all-transfer team.

• Upvote 1

He left on Aug 25th of 2011 so I don't think that counts for a year... he should have 4 yrs of eligibility. Give him 1 yr with Wintrich and that will take care of any excess he has put on his body.

I think this is giving us some insight to an attractive option UNT provides --- of course its a great place, great education and now faciliities. But the option to stay close to home, to stay close to your family is important to many. Not every good player is dying to leave their family and support system. Some need to stay close for various reasons...I really think it should be pointed out early to some of the higher rated prospects because as they get closer to signing day they start to see more clearly.

If he would be eligible for 2013, it would be a big relief for me. Losing Power after this season is going to be a pretty big blow, I'm not sure the younger TE's we have on the roster will ever be as good of a blocker as Power is. Barnett would be at the very least a capable replacement from day one with a much higher ceiling.

• Upvote 1