La Tech Projects 5K Traveling Fans To Each C-USA Division City

The greatest and most enduring rivalries in all of sports have one thing in common: geography. Fans that are able to hit the road and follow their teams enjoy an enhanced game day experience by tailgating and experiencing the traditions of other institutions in their confernece.

Driving From/To Louisiana Tech - Ruston, La.

tiny_arrow3.gifSouthern Miss: 236 miles; 3 hrs, 20 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifRice: 312 miles; 4 hrs, 25 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifTulane: 344 miles; 4 hrs, 50 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifTulsa: 412 miles; 5 hrs, 50 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifUAB: 385 miles; 5 hrs, 30 mins

Hmmm why did they not mention UNT which other than Southern Miss is the shortest drive 252.1 miles on I-20 W. Because we are new? Or because....

Within a 250 mile radius of Louisiana Tech the total population exceeds 6.9 million people. This is larger than the individual cities of Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Birmingham and Tulsa.

===============================

Yeah, well OK... we can play that game too.

DFW has 5.1 million in just a 50-mile radius.

A 250-mile radius would include Dallas, Fort Worth, Oklahoma City, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.

Total population of the 50-mile radius plus those other cities: 9.8 million

My estimate of total radius: 11.5 million

Epic fail, Bulldogs

• Upvote 1

Hmmm why did they not mention UNT which other than Southern Miss is the shortest drive 252.1 miles on I-20 W. Because we are new? Or because....

Because we are too close to Rustin, Harry.

Think about it. If you could get outta that s-hole for a weekend, wouldn't you want to drive as far away as possible?

• Upvote 1

I think in regards to playing at Apogee you had better be prepared to have 3-5k La Tech fans in attendance. Think about it.... no jobs in Ruston....tons of jobs in DFW = tons of DFW Bulldoggies in our house. Just be prepped for that. We can use that as ammunition to tell our students that over 3-4k La Tech fans are expected. That will entice them to show up in even more numbers to defend their house and drown out the opposing fans.

Driving From/To Louisiana Tech - Ruston, La.

tiny_arrow3.gifSouthern Miss: 236 miles; 3 hrs, 20 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifRice: 312 miles; 4 hrs, 25 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifTulane: 344 miles; 4 hrs, 50 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifTulsa: 412 miles; 5 hrs, 50 mins

tiny_arrow3.gifUAB: 385 miles; 5 hrs, 30 mins

Did you guys not also notice that all of these are current members of CUSA. We at the athletic department were under strict regulations about what we could and could not release to the media. No matter how long the rumors had been out there.

Contracts weren't sent until yesterday, so do you think we prepared this press release this morning or....

We know how far DFW is. It's where all the fine strip joints are, eh? :thumbsu:

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Strip joints and indoor plumping. Bring the family, it will be the experience of a lifetime.

yeah i mean, we couldn't even comment on UNT when we released that because your press release hadn't even happened yet. why take that away from any new school. like i said, we listed the current schools to keep agreements with CUSA.

i don't think either of us need any fuel to fire a rivalry and i'm looking forward to it. i will definitely visit if you scuzbirds return the favor. i'll even get you drunk at our local watering holes as long as you promise to keep your hands off our wenches.

• Upvote 2

i don't think either of us need any fuel to fire a rivalry and i'm looking forward to it. i will definitely visit if you scuzbirds return the favor. i'll even get you drunk at our local watering holes as long as you promise to keep your hands off our wenches.

Not to worry, we prefer wenches that have more teeth than fingers.

Edited by UNTflyer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

La Tech will travel well to Denton, I doubt anything close to 5k but there are probably more La Tech grads in a 100 mile radius from Denton than there are in the same area around Ruston. People making the trip from around Ruston/Shreveport will probably not number a 1,000 but there will be a lot of La Tech fans that live in the Metromess.

La Tech will travel well to Denton, I doubt anything close to 5k but there are probably more La Tech grads in a 100 mile radius from Denton than there are in the same area around Ruston. People making the trip from around Ruston/Shreveport will probably not number a 1,000 but there will be a lot of La Tech fans that live in the Metromess.

It sure beats staying in Ruston. :D