Preliminary Results-GMG.Com Bowl IX

KRAM1

gallery_1_87_320083.jpg

First...my sincere thanks to ALL who played, participated in our silent auction (whether you became a winning bidder or not...you helped a great deal), who sponsored the event, who donated additional funds "just because", who provided some FANTASTIC BRISKET for the after event tailgate, and who volunteered to work the chains, down marker and referee. And, thanks to the fans who came out to watch and cheer your "heroes" on. It was a great day...and you...each and every one of you made it so.

Final score was Green Team 18 - White Team 6, but it was much closer than that for the majority of the game...a score in "extra time" added to the green team's margin of victory. The good news is that we got out of the deal with only one injury that I am aware of...I think Hut sprained an ankle that might be a tad sore Sunday morning, but I saw him "up and about" at the spring game...so, I am keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

OK, I still have some auction items to collect for, but when all is said and done...and after all expenses are deducted, your generosity has resulted in what appears to be a $3,000.00 donation the Andrew Smith memorial Scholarship Fund!

Folks, that is the highest total in the nine year history of the event! Couldn't happen with you...each and every one of you! Give yourselves a well deserved pat on the back for a job well done! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and will come back for next year's game...I am going to hope to make it even bigger and better...with your help!

NEXT YEAR'S GAME LOOKS TO BE SET FOR APRIL 13, 2013! Mark your calendars now and spread the word! We will, of course, confirm that date later, but I am told, at this point, that's the date for next year! So, mark it down, and we'll see everyone again on April 13th next season.

If you have any comments, thoughts or suggestions regarding the event and how we might can make it even better, please...please PM me....I welcome your comments...positive or negative (but be nice!...Ha!)...and your suggestions. The event gets better because people care....so, let me know. And let me know if you would like to help plan and stage the event next year...help is always welcome.

Again, thanks to one and all...WELL DONE! WELL DONE! It's makes me proud to be a member of the great Mean green Nation when I get to be around so many great and generous people. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 2

I brought a friend with me that went to Florida State and he says they have something similar with their ex Letterman/fans but they play during halftime of the Spring game. Thought that would be a cool idea to have the game in that time slot for Mean Green.

• Upvote 1

NEXT YEAR'S GAME LOOKS TO BE SET FOR APRIL 13, 2013!

I don't know, those Mayans are looking awfully accurate right now. I mean, 100 year anniversary of the Titanic, the departure of JJ on Friday the 13th, and no Dick Clark to ring in the new year, I think this may be it.

But you did do an awesome job for the basketball game and GMG Bowl, as always! I don't think the Mayans could put together a better event with their sacrificed skulls.

• Upvote 2

Good job Mark..that's over $5,500 you've raised for the school in the last three weeks. Nice.

drex...thanks for the kind words...BUT..."I" did not raise that money...a bunch of folks...yourself included...pitched in to make these events a success, and each and every ones deserves as much or more of the credit than I ever will.

It's great to see the amounts being raised grow each year...you know that $5,500+ will really help our student-athletes. That's what makes this so great...and so much fun.

Hopefully, we can continue this trend. Again...there are not enough words that I can think of to thank every single person who had a hand in both these events.

I'm pretty excited about where we can take both these events. I do think it's getting to be time when I need some additional administrative type help to keep these going. So, if anyone would like to volunteer to help stage these events with me next year...please just send me a PM.

GREAT TIMES with very generous folks...you know...even Rick V and C Dan Smith stopped by the silent auction table to make some bids...some generous bids I might say as well. That was great to see...but it's the sort of support I have come to see each and every time we do something like this from these folks.

• Upvote 1