Scott Young to La Tech

KoldBeer

This doesn't jive with what the Tech Rivals guy is saying: "Young is headed to play for Sonny Dykes at #LaTech".

He's going to play football, yes, but he's always had the consideration of dropping football and playing baseball. He wasn't going to come to a school that doesn't have his alternate plan (baseball). He almost didn't sign with Tech after their coaching change, and considered going to UT or OU for baseball. He might not play baseball at La Tech, but at least it's an option.

• Upvote 1

He's going to play football, yes, but he's always had the consideration of dropping football and playing baseball. He wasn't going to come to a school that doesn't have his alternate plan (baseball). He almost didn't sign with Tech after their coaching change, and considered going to UT or OU for baseball. He might not play baseball at La Tech, but at least it's an option.

Gotcha. This makes sense.

This means Mac thinks McNulty is our QB of the future

MinnieMac only has one year of eligibility after DT graduates. If you have been reading Vito's daily blogs it sure sounds like DT is playing well. I think the QB of the future isn't on the roster right now.

• Upvote 1

MinnieMac only has one year of eligibility after DT graduates. If you have been reading Vito's daily blogs it sure sounds like DT is playing well. I think the QB of the future isn't on the roster right now.

If the QB of the future isn't on the roster, and they're still looking, they should have offered Mr. Young.

Mac thinks we have better QBs by not offering. Makes no sense to me, but all we can do is watch what happens.

I'm still not sold on DT making it thru an entire season

injury free... It's practice, I'm sure a lot people look good

I suppose you right,, but I'm holding out hope that maybe Cooper jones can be that guy

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

If the QB of the future isn't on the roster, and they're still looking, they should have offered Mr. Young.

Mac thinks we have better QBs by not offering. Makes no sense to me, but all we can do is watch what happens.

He would also only have one year of eligibility after DT is gone. QB of the future to me is a guy that is going to start for multiple years.

Grass always greener somewhere else and UNT never makes the right decision.....YAWN! The kid was not signing with UNT. All the conspiracy folks and UNT dropped the ball folks can calm down. Scotty Young was not going to transfer to UNT. I know this will come as a surprise to some folks, but UNT knew this! At least this is what I have been told by three folks who definitely should know...even ones outside the department with close ties.

Is it always going to be that folks who claim they support UNT feel that UNT is so inept that it's amazing how the staff finds their office each Monday morning? Why are so many so-called supporters of UNT always so quick to assume the worse and not the best of UNT personnel? How many of you folks ever sat in a meteeting where the first question that was asked was "how are we going to screw something up this week?" Well, that's what it appears several folks here seem to think the Athletic Department staff does each and every Monday.

Man, people make enough REAL mistakes, and plenty have been made through the years at UNT both within and outside the Athletic Dept. Let's not join the conspiracy and rumor mill folks who always look for the bad when more often than not...no bad existed in the first place. Rumors are worth nothing. Now, I must admit that my info did not come from "the horse's own mouth", so like the rest of us, I can not be 100% certain. But, I'll place my sources in the matter against any one's else who is a s close to the situation as mine are and we'll see where it takes us.

But, as you know...a real man never tells...so sources will remain simply unnamed sources....I, too, wish Scotty Young all the best at La Tech. Always wish local kids well. I would have loved to have seen him sign at UNT coming out of Ryan HS, but that was not to be...hopefully, he has found a home.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How good is Young? I'm not too familiar with what goes on in Texas football

He was considered one of the best in the state in high school, and as a recruit he was highly rated nationally. He got buried on the depth chart at Tech, so his talent may not have translated perfectly to the college level, or at least to the Big XII level. Or maybe Tuberville and his staff can't assess talent, I don't know. Regardless, as a hometown hero, he could have brought a whole lot of other things to UNT. I think y'all got a great get, but I think he would have been better for us.

Kram, hate

?????? If you are referring to me hating you are dead wrong. KRAM doesn't hate....but KRAM gets darn tired of so many people always assuming the staff at UNT dropped the ball or screwed something up. When, in fact, they have little to ZERO real info and have talked to no one who has any real idea of what may or may not be going on. I know its a message board, but, good grief...some folks need to get a grip AND a life. IT AIN'T THAT BAD! In fact, it's pretty darn good! All one needs to do is open their eyes and come out from that pessimistic attitude they seem to carry around with them all the time or the hard they apparently have on for one staffer or another at UNT.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3