Is this racist or not ?

I find it extremely hard to understand why he needed to be carrying a concealed handgun. Do you need a gun to drive around your gated neighborhood or make a run to the store?

It doesn't matter whether you personally approve. He had the legal right to carry that gun under Florida law.

I find it extremely hard to understand why he needed to be carrying a concealed handgun. Do you need a gun to drive around your gated neighborhood or make a run to the store?

The gated neibhtborhood had a string of burglaries, so I can't fault anyone for carrying a gun for their safety. I have also heard that the gated community was not totally secure, so anyone could walk onto the property.

And I carry a gun everyone I go, so yeah, I do.

I'm fine with that. He chases the kid down. Wrassles for a bit. Decides it'd be easier just to shoot him.

Your scenario sounds just about spot on to me.

Of course that does, because that is what you want to believe.

Facts don't really matter. ;)

Edited by UNT90

Do you need a gun to drive around your neighborhood or make a run to the store?

Hell, man, I live in Granbury. Half the people who go to the store have a gun.

And it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Zimmerman was legally carrying a firearm, like it or not.

Are you going to answer my question? Will 3 different reviews of the investigation satisfy you even if all three say no charges should be filed?

The gated neibhtborhood had a string of burglaries, so I can't fault anyone for carrying a gun for their safety. I have also heard that the gated community was not totally secure, so anyone could walk onto the property.

I've been in that area of Sanford. No one would think they needed a gun just to walk around there. It's like saying you need a gun to walk around Denia.

Are you going to answer my question? Will 3 different reviews of the investigation satisfy you even if all three say no charges should be filed?

It's a stupid question. I've never said anything to indicate I wouldn't accept the outcome of a real investigation.

It's a stupid question. I've never said anything to indicate I wouldn't accept the outcome of a real investigation.

Well, you have already dismissed the police investigation and the DA review of that investigation as not a "real" investigation without having one fact from those investigations, so why would the new special prosecutor investigation be any different to you unless it produced a different outcome?

It's pretty clear that you want an emotion based outcome, not a fact based outcome to the investigation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I still think Zimmerman should've laid back and I believe he used a racial slur.

But now my perception of young Trayvon is changing. The suspension for pot is the first thing that altered my opinion of him and the second is that every photo in the news shows him when he was like 12 years old. He looks in the low to mid 5 foot range in all of the photos. He doesn't look anywhere close to 6'3" in any photo I have seen. I'd be interested to see a recent photo of the baby-faced Trayvon. He may still look like a 12 year old wearing Hollister but I'd like to see it.

• Downvote 1

I still think Zimmerman should've laid back and I believe he used a racial slur.

But now my perception of young Trayvon is changing. The suspension for pot is the first thing that altered my opinion of him and the second is that every photo in the news shows him when he was like 12 years old. He looks in the low to mid 5 foot range in all of the photos. He doesn't look anywhere close to 6'3" in any photo I have seen. I'd be interested to see a recent photo of the baby-faced Trayvon. He may still look like a 12 year old wearing Hollister but I'd like to see it.

Unless he was looking to deal weed out there, his pot incident doesn't really change much about the incident. Even with that in mind, you have a kid nailed for an empty weed bag vs. a dude who calls 911 for every tiny thing on his watch with an assault incident on his record and for violence in his domestic relationships. If we're gonna look at background, Zimmerman doesn't win this one either.

But Martin's 6'3" and 100lbs lighter than Zimmerman's 5'2" and 200lbs or so really helps explain why Zimmerman would get a beatdown, regardless of who threw the first punch.

That "coon" thing is still up in the air, but I don't think he's an outward racist.

Edited by meangreendork

I'd be interested to see a recent photo of the baby-faced Trayvon. He may still look like a 12 year old wearing Hollister but I'd like to see it.

The photo of him in the hoodie is recent, as you can tell from his nose:

http://cdn1.newsone....yvon-martin.jpg

Friends and family still described him as a baby-faced kid, but it wasn't as pronounced as in the early teen photos.

Edited by rcade

And Trayvon's juvenile record can not be released under Florida law. It would be interesting to know if he had any previous assault charges on his record.

But here is the thing. Whether or not Trayvon had that criminal history, and whether or not Martin used a racial slur (sounds like he did, but he could also be saying F'n Cops) does not matter. What matters is exactly what happened when the 2 of them contacted each other that night, and how that contact came about.

I do think we will continue to slowly learn that young Trayvon was not the picture of innocence presented by the media. The background information on he and Zimmerman can help investigators determine each of their personalities, but not what happened that night.

The interesting thing will be the toxology report on Trayvon. None of us know what it says, but WHAT IF it says that Trayvon had a drug in his system. Does that change things?

And of course all the pictures of Trayvon make him look small and innocent, the pictures were given to the media by the family's lawyers. What else would you expect .

Take a look at Martin's Twitter account

Paint's just a little different picture of Martin than the media has given you. Also, you have not and will not see that picture in the media, as it doesn't fit with their neat little theme of miscarriage of justice.

Again, patience people. The investigators (who have had Trayvon's twitter and Facebook this whole time, by the way) are doing and seems have done their job. Whether you like it or not.

• Upvote 1

And Trayvon's juvenile record can not be released under Florida law. It would be interesting to know if he had any previous assault charges on his record.

But here is the thing. Whether or not Trayvon had that criminal history, and whether or not Martin used a racial slur (sounds like he did, but he could also be saying F'n Cops) does not matter. What matters is exactly what happened when the 2 of them contacted each other that night, and how that contact came about.

I do think we will continue to slowly learn that young Trayvon was not the picture of innocence presented by the media. The background information on he and Zimmerman can help investigators determine each of their personalities, but not what happened that night.

The interesting thing will be the toxology report on Trayvon. None of us know what it says, but WHAT IF it says that Trayvon had a drug in his system. Does that change things?

And of course all the pictures of Trayvon make him look small and innocent, the pictures were given to the media by the family's lawyers. What else would you expect .

Paint's just a little different picture of Martin than the media has given you. Also, you have not and will not see that picture in the media, as it doesn't fit with their neat little theme of miscarriage of justice.

Again, patience people. The investigators (who have had Trayvon's twitter and Facebook this whole time, by the way) are doing and seems have done their job. Whether you like it or not.

So you're saying Martin had it coming? Maybe he and Zimmerman had beef from a drug deal gone bad a few years back? I'm having a real difficult time understanding exactly why Martin's past has anything to do with this situation. Zimmerman initiated simply by tailing this kid and then getting out of his car...if Zimmerman got his ass-kicked after that, it's his own fault. If anyone thinks that popping 2 in the chest of anyone is justified by losing a fight you started then society is truly effed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So you're saying Martin had it coming? Maybe he and Zimmerman had beef from a drug deal gone bad a few years back? I'm having a real difficult time understanding exactly why Martin's past has anything to do with this situation. Zimmerman initiated simply by tailing this kid and then getting out of his car...if Zimmerman got his ass-kicked after that, it's his own fault. If anyone thinks that popping 2 in the chest of anyone is justified by losing a fight you started then society is truly effed.

Check out the story in the Miami herald this morning. Young Tray on was caught at school with women's jewelry and a burglary tool in his backpack. The burglary tool was a long, flathead screwdriver. Perfect fOr breaking into school lockers.

Wasn't Zimmerman's concern recent burglaries in the area?

It's just funny how everyone will villify police as protecting a racist when they don't have one single fct in the investigation. Looks like everyone is just a little prejudiced, doesnt it?

Maybe a lesson can be learned from this. But, then again, I thought that would have been driven home after the Duke Lacrosse perversion of justice. Guess not.

Doesn't look like UNT90's trying to say Martin had it coming - even if for some reason he had drugs in his system. I think it still comes down to Zimmerman pursuing and engaging Martin against police advice and against neighborhood watch guidelines.

The situation doesn't really change.

Edited by meangreendork

Doesn't look like UNT90's trying to say Martin had it coming - even if for some reason he had drugs in his system. I think it still comes down to Zimmerman pursuing and engaging Martin against police advice and against neighborhood watch guidelines.

The situation doesn't really change.

I don't know man. If Martin was high on pot and carrying a long screwdriver.... Zimmerman probably had the right/need to tail, innate contact, and fatally wound the kid. Plus are we not better off with one less foul mouthed twitter account out there?

• Upvote 1

Not his account. Congrats on taking the bait from Stormfront though.

Check out the story in the Miami herald this morning. Young Tray on was caught at school with women's jewelry and a burglary tool in his backpack. The burglary tool was a long, flathead screwdriver. Perfect fOr breaking into school lockers.

Wasn't Zimmerman's concern recent burglaries in the area?

How are the two tied together? Is there a such thing as looking like a burglar? Was he wearing a balaclava and have a canvas sack with a big dollar sign on it over his shoulder? Did Zimmerman know that Martin had broken into school lockers?

I could care less if Martin is being portrayed as a saint or a satanist-rapist. It is entirely extemporaneous to this situation. The fact is that Zimmerman tailed this kid and then got out of his car to confront him despite the police telling him not to implicitly. If there is any self-defense argument to be made at this point it's on the side of Martin so I'll say again if Zimmerman got his ass kicked it's his own damn fault...but it doesn't justify shooting the person with whom you pecked a fight.

• Upvote 2