UNT MBB Recruit Jon Odoh Scouting Report - LIVE

UNT90

5 points in the first 3 minutes of the second half, including an offensive rebound followed by a 3 point play.

And add another bucket on a nice turnaround.

Offensive outburst in the early second half. Did Odoh read this board at the half?

No visitor stats guy that I could find at the hapf. Got his rebound total at 7 very unofficially.

15:00 left second hapf. Odoh playe every minute

• Upvote 2

I was dissapointed Hill College didn't feed him down low more. He showed some nice inside moves on a couple of opportunities, but would have loved to seen more. Wasn't a big factor in their offense early on. Most of his points were put backs.

He can definitely get up above the rim when he wants to, and saw him on at least one block in the clouds.

Hill only had 9 players, and Odoh( announced as Ah-doe) played most of the second half with only about a 2 minute rest. Must be in good shape.

Doesn't foul a lot and plays in control.

I like him and think he will give us some quality minutes next year.

Very cool to visit with our own Basketball Jones in little W.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1

He finished with 15 points, about 8 boards, and 1 or 2 blocks (couldn't find a stat guy for Hill College, freaking JC ball). He can get up, but sometimes lacks timing in his jumping ability to get to shots (at least tonight). Not a quick leaper like Mitchel. This may simply be due to the fact that the kid has only played basketballl for 4 years. Has a turnaround move inside that reminds me a little of Odufuwa.

Nice frame on the kid, but he definitely needs to enroll 1st summer semester to hit the weight program.He also needs lots of instruction on interior offense. Really needs to be here 1st summer semester. He isn't skinny nor fat, but it looked like some of his weight could be redistributed better (a slight, and I mean slight, gut). He did play almost the entire game with only a 2 minute blow in the secord half. He seemed to loose energy the last 5 to 7 minutes of the game (alrhough it was entering blow out territorry by that point). He played against a kid his size for most of the game. Took him a while to get into the flow of the game, which initially led me to believe that he wasn't athletic, but once he got going, that concern faded pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind seeing #5 and #21 (Odoh's counterpart last night) for Weatherford JC in a UNT uniform. 21 is 6'9" and could stoke it from the outside (Serbian) and #5 scored about 24 points before fouling out with 4 minutes left (guard who could penetrate and hit the 3) .

And again, Odoh is no bigger than 6'9". About the same size as Mitchell wothout the defined muscle tone.

JJ was great. THere was also a scout for Creighton sitting behond us in the stands. He and JJ had a little conversation after the game.

• Upvote 1

Oh, kinda hard to rate him defensively. Hill started out in man, but quickly switched to a 2-3 zone for some reason (not because Weatherford was hitting the 3). The interior defense at this level was not nearly as physical as it is in the Belt. He has the size, and more importantly, the footwork to be a good interior defender.

Being from Nigeria, I wonder if he has a soccer background. That would explain his footwork being far better than it should be for a guy who just stated playing 4 years ago.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't mind seeing #5 and #21 (Odoh's counterpart last night) for Weatherford JC in a UNT uniform. 21 is 6'9" and could stoke it from the outside (Serbian) and #5 scored about 24 points before fouling out with 4 minutes left (guard who could penetrate and hit the 3) .

JJ was great. THere was also a scout for Creighton sitting behond us in the stands. He and JJ had a little conversation after the game.

The SF on Hill (Calhoun) has signed with Creighton. We suppoosedly offered him too ,heard he wasn't that great , agree ?

The SF on Hill (Calhoun) has signed with Creighton. We suppoosedly offered him too ,heard he wasn't that great , agree ?

No one besides Odoh stuck out to me on Hill's team. I'm guessing you are talking about #11 (not sure about this)? If so, he seemed good going to the rim, but not shooting the ball, from what I remember. Eyes were on Odoh the whole time on defense, so I got nothing on him there.

When you think Odoh, think a bigger version of Hogans. Not bad, bit not a savior, either