Mustafa Haboul commits to North Texas

Harry

Did you know? Haboul did not play football until his freshman year. He mistakenly got in line for football instead of class registration, and a coach encouraged him to try out. He made the starting lineup as a sophomore. “I can honestly remember when he didn’t know the difference between a fumble and an incomplete pass, so he just went after both,” Wager said. … For the season, Haboul has 49 tackles, seven sacks and a fumble recovery. He also has been used on offense in short-yardage situations, scoring a touchdown and a two-point conversion.

Coach said it: “He plays every play with fanatical effort. He’s on the inside, getting double-teamed and knocked down, so it’s not like he had five tackles and a sack coming off the edge.” — Bob Wager

Read More: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/athletes-of-the-week/20111128-defensive-player-of-the-week-1128-mustafa-haboul-arlington-martin.ece

I consider this excellent news. I can remember Martin playing Euless Trinity in past years just looking like boys against men. They have played big in adverse circumstances lately, and Haboul has been among their best. I hope that, along with Trussel's verbal, this indicates a pipeline being established with Arlington Martin.