Chase Walling update

Brett Vito

I would guess how you dress up or down for a football game is a generation thing. If the weathers is nice I might wear a UNT green polo/golf shirt or a green "button-down"(I know, waaaaay outta style)shirt, and (hold on to your hat!) LOAFERS! With or without the penny slot!

If it's cold or rainy, I'll wear jeans and Nike's. But, you know what? No matter what I wear I still count in the attendance numbers at the games.

Some of you people are ridiculous. Five pages on a recruit that might end up at Smut. We'll find someone else.

A generation thing? Perhaps.

One nice thing about getting older (and there are not a lot of nice things about getting older) is one worries a lot less about whether other's approve of their fashion choices - or not.

Personally, I have worn all of what you suggest - and during this year's games. I have worn shorts with pull-over shirt with loafers and no socks; I have worn sweat pants with hoodie and running shoes; I have worn button-down shirts with whatever - and I will continue these, what some see as fashion faux pas' choices, next year, too.

You know what? I don't care at this point in life whether I am a fashion maven or not; whether others waste their time on a sports team board trashing my choices or not. I am comfortable enough in my own skin to make my own decisions 'bout most everything in my life and to hell with other's opinions regarding those decisions. Age brings focus and maturity as to what is important in this life - and this fashion topic for football games ain't!

Oh, one other thing I have learned with my maturity (age) progression - the personnel at UNT, and all of the other "charitable" organizations to which I give my money, don't care either - as long as I have a substantial contribution in my hand I am their best friend and they treat me graciously regardless of how I am dressed.

Please excuse my posting to an obviously appropriate recruiting thread that, somehow, lost its focus.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Well not good news, SMU just lost another commit to UCLA and this time its an offensive linemen...

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59639

This SMU assistant Klemm seems to be moving all of his prior commits while at SMU to the Bruins...

Based on their comments, it sounds like they lost this guy as well.

[Myers] was a "strong commit" that now is giving SMU the middle finger. Moving on...

Not really any new info other than he wants to make a choice soon

I don't think we hold onto him , but I'm also pessimistic. Hope I'm wrong and he comes to Denton

I would like to land him but if we don't we are deep enough on the OL that it won't hurt us. If it was a DT or CB I would certainly want to hang on.

Stupid subscription articles... :angry:

Sorry, didn't realized it was locked. In short, he likes UNT a lot but is torn between SMU and UNT. Plans to visit SMU, but he had a great time at UNT.

For what it's worth, SMU hired a big time recruiting coach yesterday from Houston (Jason Phillips), so there may not be room for any more uncommitted guys if JP brings people with him.

Any case, appreciate the input and good luck MG!

• Upvote 1