Cameron Washington from Corsicana

CanaTigers

Cana do you know if he has any offers? Lots of people talk about him and our coaching staff obviously has met him but I am not sure if he is declaring any interest and/or what offers he has gotten.

He has offers from Lamar and Sam Houston, several Texas schools have shown interest along with a few out of state schools. The playoffs will add more to the mix. But has been very much under the radar to this point.

I'd rather have this young man than Deion Jr.

Why are we soooooo stacked at RB right now. Even with LD and Hambone leaving we still have 4-5 RBs and the practice and scouting report shows that they ALL have talent to step in and replace LD.

Either way.... it just feels dumb if we don't offer him. He is being compared and breaking the records of the guy who set Houston's all time leading rushing record.

We won't replace Dunbar, who is the best overall back NT has possibly ever had in spite of an off year this year due to injuries. We have 3 recruits and a number of undersized walk-on's waiting in the wings. Washington is puitting up video game numbers in the play-offs. Get his commitment yesterday!

We won't replace Dunbar, who is the best overall back NT has possibly ever had in spite of an off year this year due to injuries. We have 3 recruits and a number of undersized walk-on's waiting in the wings. Washington is puitting up video game numbers in the play-offs. Get his commitment yesterday!

I'm sure some said that about Cobbs as well.....who will still own the record after this season for most yards. Set our bar high and HOPE that LD can be replaced and surpassed. I wish as much as anyone else that he had last years numbers but with the injuries and expectancy that he would have the ball (esp 1st half of the season) that wasn't achievable

Nice article on Cam in today's DaMN. Says offers have been slow despite putting up huge numbers. Angelo St, Lamar, & UTSA have contacted him:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20111130-how-attention-has-eluded-dallas-area-s-top-rusher-corsicana-rb-cameron-washington.ece

Reminds me of Hunter Lee from Flower Mound who led the area in several categories last year but had little to no offers. Lee ended up walking on at La Tech & has played a major role at RB this year rushing for 605 yards & 4 TD's and was the WAC player of the week last week.

Cam Washington may take inspiration from Hunter Lee's story...their sagas seem to parallel.

You remember Hunter Lee, the Flower Mound running back who couldn't get anyone to give him a scholarship? The one that walked on at Louisiana Tech this year and just snagged a WAC player of the week honor? Yes, that Hunter Lee. Hunter got himself a scholarship last week.

Love guys that get more and more pissed off, increasingly determined to accomplish, every time they are told NO.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/11/former-flower-mound-rb-hunter-lee-is-wac.html

GMG

there has to be something on Washington that he is not getting more hits, while these other RB's are either committed or piling up offers, sounds like a good fit for UNT but we are also deep at RB for the next few years with Byrd, Whitfield and others

Edited by untbowler

there has to be something on Washington that he is not getting more hits, while these other RB's are either committed or piling up offers, sounds like a good fit for UNT but we are also deep at RB for the next few years with Byrd, Whitfield and others

byrd, brown, jimmerson(redshirt), and whitfield(redshirt)...

McCarney also said in the show last night that they will be signing 2 RB's, and we already have 2 verbals... Andrew Tucker and Rex Rollins from Chapel Hill

I think we are all full of RB's for this year's class...Hopefully we can redshirt these kids next year like jimmerson and whitfield...unless they stand out and force their way on the field... then I'm all for it!

byrd, brown, jimmerson(redshirt), and whitfield(redshirt)...

McCarney also said in the show last night that they will be signing 2 RB's, and we already have 2 verbals... Andrew Tucker and Rex Rollins from Chapel Hill

I think we are all full of RB's for this year's class...Hopefully we can redshirt these kids next year like jimmerson and whitfield...unless they stand out and force their way on the field... then I'm all for it!

Had heard that one if not both of the CH kids will end up on D.

That was the story when they committed - and I have heard nothing to indicate that anything has changed.

The plot thickens.... interesting. I guess we'll see. I think I remember murmurs of the same thing from the coaches...

I almost like recruiting season as much as football season...and based on results(until this year) I HAVE liked recruiting season more... in the immortal words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT"

CanaTigers

Thanks for the Cameron Washington highlight videos. Very impressive RB.

Tell us about the big OL players that block for Washington.

Thanks

Charlie

Big is Junior #62 Jeffrey Jordan 6'7" 350 lbs, and that is all legit size. He is going to get a lot of looks after the season.

The biggest prospect at the moment is Senior #71 Roclan Drain 6'4" 260lbs, his body can actually hold a lot more bulk and he is pretty trim right now. He has had offers from Air Force, Rice and others. He had been leaning to Sam Houston but that might change after the season as I am sure there will be more offers come his way.

Sophomore #70 Chris Jones 6' 270lbs will be a prospect going forward. He is playing center and with maturity should be really good. He is still growing.

Senior #66 Charleston Beard 6'2" 260 is a very athletic player and could probably play tight end with a little time.

Junior #51 Floyd Shrestha 5'10" 220 may not have the size or athleticism as the other guys but is hard working grinder type and was able to beat out some other bigger guys for the spot this year.