Cameron Washington from Corsicana

CanaTigers

Is no one at UNT paying attention to what Cameron Washington has done the last 2 years? I can't understand that they haven't thrown offers at him in comparison to the RBs that they have offered.

This year he has carried this team to a 10-1 record so far in a very tough district.

Cameron Washington-2011 season 231 carries for 2,267 yards 9.8 yard average and 34 TDs

• Upvote 2

Is no one at UNT paying attention to what Cameron Washington has done the last 2 years? I can't understand that they haven't thrown offers at him in comparison to the RBs that they have offered.

This year he has carried this team to a 10-1 record so far in a very tough district.

Cameron Washington-2011 season 231 carries for 2,267 yards 9.8 yard average and 34 TDs

Do you have any size and speed on this kid? Running back appears to be a position of relative strength at this point...

The only rb named cameron washington I see on rivals or scout is in mission hills, california... Is this him?

5'10" 180...4.5

I'm no college scout, but he appears to be a smallish excellent high school athlete... of course this is without ever seeing him play or whatever...

Please tell us more....even though I...and everybody else on this board have nothing to do with actual UNT Recruiting...just dorky fans here...

Do you have any size and speed on this kid? Running back appears to be a position of relative strength at this point...

The only rb named cameron washington I see on rivals or scout is in mission hills, california... Is this him?

5'10" 180...4.5

I'm no college scout, but he appears to be a smallish excellent high school athlete... of course this is without ever seeing him play or whatever...

Please tell us more....even though I...and everybody else on this board have nothing to do with actual UNT Recruiting...just dorky fans here...

No he is from Corsicana, 5'9" 190 and 4.4 40. Last week in our Bi-District game he ran for 307 on 16 carries and had 5 TDs. He just started playing RB last year after our starter went down.

I know the scouts aren't on here looking for players it is just odd to me after watching so many of these kids year in and year out that for sure players seem to get over looked every year for one reason or another. We have had a lot of players come through Corsicana and he is at or near the top. And that includes Bill Jones, Jay Finley, Ketric Sanford and many others.

No he is from Corsicana, 5'9" 190 and 4.4 40. Last week in our Bi-District game he ran for 307 on 16 carries and had 5 TDs. He just started playing RB last year after our starter went down.

I know the scouts aren't on here looking for players it is just odd to me after watching so many of these kids year in and year out that for sure players seem to get over looked every year for one reason or another. We have had a lot of players come through Corsicana and he is at or near the top. And that includes Bill Jones, Jay Finley, Ketric Sanford and many others.

well, 4.4 is pretty salty if that is verifiable... you know, not from a hand timed test. I'd say this kid needs to send in a tape or try and contact McCarney in some way.

For the first time in...well...ever, I have the utmost in confidence that our coaching staff is evaluating just about all the talent in the area...but, they can't possibly be on top of everyone in the dfw area... no matter how many hours they put in watching film and visiting area high school games... you never know.

UNT has camps in the offseason... I imagine he could turn some heads if he goes to one of these and he is what you say he is... Do you know this kid? encourage him to reach out to McCarney/Caneles... Go to a camp or two....

• Upvote 2

well, 4.4 is pretty salty if that is verifiable... you know, not from a hand timed test. I'd say this kid needs to send in a tape or try and contact McCarney in some way.

For the first time in...well...ever, I have the utmost in confidence that our coaching staff is evaluating just about all the talent in the area...but, they can't possibly be on top of everyone in the dfw area... no matter how many hours they put in watching film and visiting area high school games... you never know.

UNT has camps in the offseason... I imagine he could turn some heads if he goes to one of these and he is what you say he is... Do you know this kid? encourage him to reach out to McCarney/Caneles... Go to a camp or two....

That would be hand timed. Here is a link to some highlights someone posted from last year, not the best quality. He has improved greatly from last year since he prepared to be a running back this year and came in faster and stronger.

2010 Highlights

Im pretty sure Weaver is in charge of East Texas. I dont know if we are looking for a running back this year, we got 2 last year and from understanding the coaching staff is high on both kids. We also already have the running back out of Chapel Hill committed, he is a 3* recruit.

I would recommend at least contacting Scott Conley about this young man. With those stats, he definitely deserves a look.

I met a student at the airport last week that was boarding a flight to Dallas. She mentioned she was friends with a football player that was a freshman WR. I asked who, and she stated Zach Whitfield, who was recruited as a RB. If he has been moved, there's a spot, plus this young man, Washington, may be a candidate to be moved to WR. Either way, with the stats he has amassed this year, we should at least give him a look.

• Upvote 1

I would recommend at least contacting Scott Conley about this young man. With those stats, he definitely deserves a look.

I met a student at the airport last week that was boarding a flight to Dallas. She mentioned she was friends with a football player that was a freshman WR. I asked who, and she stated Zach Whitfield, who was recruited as a RB. If he has been moved, there's a spot, plus this young man, Washington, may be a candidate to be moved to WR. Either way, with the stats he has amassed this year, we should at least give him a look.

Agree about Cam, but I'm a little surprised to hear about Whitfield's move to WR. His highlight reels at RB were absolutely jaw-dropping. The staff must think Jimmerson is the real deal.

Agree about Cam, but I'm a little surprised to hear about Whitfield's move to WR. His highlight reels at RB were absolutely jaw-dropping. The staff must think Jimmerson is the real deal.

I thought the same thing, but remember, I heard this from a young lady in the airport that is a student and claims to be Whitfield's friend. It is not like she's a coach, and if she is like my wife, could have also been confused about his position. I would still like to see us take a look at this young man.

this young man, Washington, may be a candidate to be moved to WR.

Or possibly defensive back, which leads to the following questio for Cana:

Going for over 300 in back to back weeks of the playoffs got some notice. Cameron was nominated by the DMN for their player of the week SportsDayHS Hero award.

SportsDayHS Hero Voting

What position did Washington play before moving to RB? Also, we have been known to recruit multiple players from the same team (well, at least this year, anyway). I'm sure the coaches are well aware of Washington's performances.

Or possibly defensive back, which leads to the following questio for Cana:

What position did Washington play before moving to RB? Also, we have been known to recruit multiple players from the same team (well, at least this year, anyway). I'm sure the coaches are well aware of Washington's performances.

Going into last season before Johnathan was lost for the season Cameron was an outside Linebacker. I wouldn't move him anywhere, he has found his spot at RB. He has that continual leg drive and push to fall forward when there is nothing and a burst to take it all the way when there is a crease. Jay Finley went on to Baylor and is their all time leading RB rusher for a season and got drafted. Bill Jones played in the NFL for several seasons. Ketric Sanford left Houston as their all-time leading rusher and several other records. But I will say that Cameron at the same point at the same High School looks better than all of them. He is a Running Back now.

Edited by CanaTigers
  • Upvote 2

Going into last season before Johnathan was lost for the season Cameron was an outside Linebacker. I wouldn't move him anywhere, he has found his spot at RB. He has that continual leg drive and push to fall forward when there is nothing and a burst to take it all the way when there is a crease. Jay Finley went on to Baylor and is their all time leading RB rusher for a season and got drafted. Bill Jones played in the NFL for several seasons. Ketric Sanford left Houston as their all-time leading rusher and several other records. But I will say that Cameron at the same point at the same High School looks better than all of them. He is a Running Back now.

Outside Linebacker with 4.4 speed? Did he dramatically increase his speed in the off-season? Not trying to be an a%&, just seems strange that his previous position would be LB with speed like that. Makes me really question the 40 time. Is there a back story?

Outside Linebacker with 4.4 speed? Did he dramatically increase his speed in the off-season? Not trying to be an a%&, just seems strange that his previous position would be LB with speed like that. Makes me really question the 40 time. Is there a back story?

Our Outside Backers are closer to a cornerback than a standup DE in our coaches version of the 4-3, speed is the first requirement. And his speed and strength have increased quite a bit each year. He is able to break tackles and take runs to the house on a much more frequent basis.

Cana do you know if he has any offers? Lots of people talk about him and our coaching staff obviously has met him but I am not sure if he is declaring any interest and/or what offers he has gotten.

Also, I haven't been able to find a Rivals or Scout page on him. It may just be my lack of computer skills. Sure would ike to see one.