Central Florida NCAA Scandal, AD Resigns

Harry

Central Florida athletic director Keith Tribble resigned Wednesday after the NCAA alleged that a recruiter for a sports agency and an associate committed recruiting violations in the football and men's basketball programs, including paying tuition and travel expenses for players and recruits.

Assistant football coach David Kelly also resigned and men's basketball coach Donnie Jones was suspended for three conference games without pay and issued an official letter of reprimand, the school said in a prepared statement.

Tribble and Kelly were cited by the NCAA for unethical conduct when meeting with NCAA investigators. They will have the opportunity to challenge those allegations with the NCAA, the school said.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/11/keith-tribble-resigns-amid-ucfs-ncaa-investigation/1

I would just like to take the opportunity to mention that UNT, NTSU, and North Texas all have something in common... They have NEVER had a Major NCAA violation.

Did you year that big least, cusa, and b12? NEVER.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303936704576400052122863390.html

here is the list at the bottom of the article... I think we can cross one off... if you count covering up child sexual abuse... This list is as of June 22, 2011... Boise is off the list now too

Clean Records

Schools that have never been found guilty of a major violation.

BCS SCHOOLS

Boston College, Northwestern, Penn State, Stanford

ALL FBS

Air Force, Boise St., Bowling Green, Central Mich., Colo. St., Fla. Atlantic, Kent St., N. Texas, Ohio, Rice, Troy, UAB, W. Mich.

Maybe we should start the Clean School Conference...

Edited by SHOSS
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I would just like to take the opportunity to mention that UNT, NTSU, and North Texas all have something in common... They have NEVER had a Major NCAA violation.

Did you year that big least, cusa, and b12? NEVER.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303936704576400052122863390.html

here is the list at the bottom of the article... I think we can cross one off... if you count covering up child sexual abuse... This list is as of June 22, 2011... Boise is off the list now too

Clean Records

Schools that have never been found guilty of a major violation.

BCS SCHOOLS

Boston College, Northwestern, Penn State, Stanford

ALL FBS

Air Force, Boise St., Bowling Green, Central Mich., Colo. St., Fla. Atlantic, Kent St., N. Texas, Ohio, Rice, Troy, UAB, W. Mich.

Maybe we should start the Clean School Conference...

And yet we have a couple of posters on this board that are willing to have UNT engage in major violations just so we can become relevant in college sports?

If you are wondering about the basis for this statement, see the thread on the Boise State investigation that was on the board a month or so ago.

Edited by tylermeangreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And yet we have a couple of posters on this board that are willing to have UNT engage in major violations just so we can become relevant in college sports?

If you are wondering about the basis for this statement, see the thread on the Boise State investigation that was on the board a month or so ago.

There are stains in every athletic department. And yes I was one of those posters. Not saying I wanted the PSU stuff to happen to us but regular infractions occur in every athletics department. That's the way college sports go.

• Downvote 2

it's really getting to the point where college athletics as a whole are getting unbearable to even pay attention to due to all the corruption and scandal. IMO

This. I know folks, who were one time die-hards, that turn more and more to pro-sports as all this junk just continues to pile up. I'm not there yet, but it is discouraging. Perhaps the worst part of it all is that the real powers in college athletics do not seem to be taking (or even considering, for that matter) any actions that will truly change this landscape of cheating that it is now engulfed in.

There are stains in every athletic department. And yes I was one of those posters. Not saying I wanted the PSU stuff to happen to us but regular infractions occur in every athletics department. That's the way college sports go.

Lame response!

Look at my posting - I don’t believe I said anything about the normal screw-ups that occur within every human activity, including college athletic departments. Those are to be expected and understandable – human beings unintentionally make mistakes.

Note that I DID say “major violations”, not routine mistakes or “stain”.

Your response in the earlier thread regarding Boise State’s problems essentially said that you are willing to have UNT athletics engage in major violations if that is what it takes to make UNT athletics relevant.

That, sir, is an entirely different situation than what you have alluded to above.

• Upvote 1

Lame response!

Look at my posting - I don't believe I said anything about the normal screw-ups that occur within every human activity, including college athletic departments. Those are to be expected and understandable – human beings unintentionally make mistakes.

Note that I DID say "major violations", not routine mistakes or "stain".

Your response in the earlier thread regarding Boise State's problems essentially said that you are willing to have UNT athletics engage in major violations if that is what it takes to make UNT athletics relevant.

That, sir, is an entirely different situation than what you have alluded to above.

To become a big boyin college sports that is necessary so yes I still back my statements. The notoriety, perception, money, donations etc you get if you become a force in college sports is undeniable. Not to mention we won't have the apathetic fanbase and instead have a lifetime of die hard fans and it will continue practically forever. So yes I still would take it...it hasn't hurt any other big program. Again, I would gladly take that.

• Downvote 2

To become a big boyin college sports that is necessary so yes I still back my statements. The notoriety, perception, money, donations etc you get if you become a force in college sports is undeniable. Not to mention we won't have the apathetic fanbase and instead have a lifetime of die hard fans and it will continue practically forever. So yes I still would take it...it hasn't hurt any other big program. Again, I would gladly take that.

Sad...I think your moral compass might just be broken.

But, at least you are honest in admitting to your lack of integrity in this area (note I said this area). That's better than those who try to act pious and then cheat their way to the top. Got to hand it to you for the honesty.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Sad...I think your moral compass might just be broken.

But, at least you are honest in admitting to your lack of integrity in this area (note I said this area). That's better than those who try to act pious and then cheat their way to the top. Got to hand it to you for the honesty.

To move up in this world you have to be cunning. That is the way the world is and has always been. I'm honest about it and I have no problem in expressing my thoughts. Seldom do things are followed by the correct rules. College athletics is no different so why not have self interest and do what you can to move up. It works.

• Downvote 2

To move up in this world you have to be cunning. That is the way the world is and has always been. I'm honest about it and I have no problem in expressing my thoughts. Seldom do things are followed by the correct rules. College athletics is no different so why not have self interest and do what you can to move up. It works.

I don't even think you believe this. Cunning has nothing to do with the cheating you expressed support for in your earlier posts. I'd say Joe Paterno and plenty of folks at Penn State certainly followed your flawed logic and did, in fact, put themselves first. How'd that work out for a bunch of young boys and Penn State?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't even think you believe this. Cunning has nothing to do with the cheating you expressed support for in your earlier posts. I'd say Joe Paterno and plenty of folks at Penn State certainly followed your flawed logic and did, in fact, put themselves first. How'd that work out for a bunch of young boys and Penn State?

To me young boys continually getting raped on school facilities and the university looking away and covering it up to me is a completely different level. The university actually facilitated this crime. I was not saying that the Penn State scandal is justified. Paying some players, giving them stuff, doctoring some grades etc...to me that stuff is petty. I am talking about that. Just be good and dont getting blatlantly caught. It's obvious the NCAA doesn't enforce against it very much. Again, I am not saying it is always right but in the grand scheme of things this is what you have to do if you want to become a big boy.

Again this Penn State stuff has reached a level I don't think we've ever seen before.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To me young boys continually getting raped on school facilities and the university looking away and covering it up to me is a completely different level. The university actually facilitated this crime. I was not saying that the Penn State scandal is justified. Paying some players, giving them stuff, doctoring some grades etc...to me that stuff is petty. I am talking about that. Just be good and dont getting blatlantly caught. It's obvious the NCAA doesn't enforce against it very much. Again, I am not saying it is always right but in the grand scheme of things this is what you have to do if you want to become a big boy.

Again this Penn State stuff has reached a level I don't think we've ever seen before.

:no:

I think you would make a great ponzi schemer.

Paying some players, giving them stuff, doctoring some grades etc...to me that stuff is petty. I am talking about that. Just be good and dont getting blatlantly caught.

I remember asking you back when what business you are in - and I don't seem to remember whether you provided an answer or not. Care to clarify?

Again, the reason I ask is that I have learned in my rather lengthy life that people that are willing to flat-out cheat in one area of their lives are also willing to cheat in most/all areas of their lives.

Therefore, to be honest, I have no interest in EVER buying a product/service that you produce/sell.

Given that you are so proud and forthright about your belief in the necessity to cheat in order to get ahead in life

and not just in college sports

I would certainly think that you would be equally forthright about how you make your living for the sake of those of us that choose NOT to spend our earnings with someone who so openly advocates cheating in life in order to get ahead.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I remember asking you back when what business you are in - and I don't seem to remember whether you provided an answer or not. Care to clarify?

Again, the reason I ask is that I have learned in my rather lengthy life that people that are willing to flat-out cheat in one area of their lives are also willing to cheat in most/all areas of their lives.

Therefore, to be honest, I have no interest in EVER buying a product/service that you produce/sell.

Given that you are so proud and forthright about your belief in the necessity to cheat in order to get ahead in life

and not just in college sports

I would certainly think that you would be equally forthright about how you make your living for the sake of those of us that choose NOT to spend our earnings with someone who so openly advocates cheating in life in order to get ahead.

You don't know who I am. That being said I'm not a complete a phallus of a person either. I and my family come from a business entrpeneurship background. You don't always have to follow every rule in the book. I've never screwed anybody or cheated anybody so don't be assume this is what I do in my every day life. I am talking specifically about college athletics. I've got no problem bending the rules and even going beyond them. The big boys do it so we can too. No big deal.

The Penn State stuff is a whole new precedent. That stuff to me is way beyond what has ever happened and that might be the worst thing we ever see in college sports again and I wish and hope it never ever ever happens again.

To the gentleman who claimed I'd make for a great ponzi scheme....first off no I wouldn't and second of all I could and would never do that.....again none of you know who I am or what I do for a living.

• Downvote 2

You don't know who I am. That being said I'm not a complete dick of a person either. I and my family come from a business entrpeneurship background. You don't always have to follow every rule in the book. I've never screwed anybody or cheated anybody so don't be assume this is what I do in my every day life. I am talking specifically about college athletics. I've got no problem bending the rules and even going beyond them. The big boys do it so we can too. No big deal.

The Penn State stuff is a whole new precedent. That stuff to me is way beyond what has ever happened and that might be the worst thing we ever see in college sports again and I wish and hope it never ever ever happens again.

To the gentleman who claimed I'd make for a great ponzi scheme....first off no I wouldn't and second of all I could and would never do that.....again none of you know who I am or what I do for a living.

Where do you draw the line?

You don't know who I am. That being said I'm not a complete dick of a person either. I and my family come from a business entrpeneurship background. You don't always have to follow every rule in the book. I've never screwed anybody or cheated anybody so don't be assume this is what I do in my every day life. I am talking specifically about college athletics. I've got no problem bending the rules and even going beyond them. The big boys do it so we can too. No big deal.

I see you are not a fan of the slippery slope theology.

I would be willing to bet that when all the information on the Penn St. deal comes out, we will learn that Penn St. and saintly Joe Pa have been paying players for years. One report suggest that Second Mile was used as a slush fund to pay players, hence the Sandusky cover-up.

There was another university who thought the same way you do. They decided they had enough of the big bys cheating and that they were going to get their share of the NCAA pie. They cheated and got caught, at least twice. They weren't a big boy. They got the death penalty.

I don't want to be SMU in any way, shape, or form.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1