Next Saturday Oct. 22nd - world series

TheColonyEagle

So now we're preemptively looking for reasons to simultaneously lament the perpetual doom and gloom of UNT football while pounding our chests about what superior, dedicated fans we are.

Good lord. To use a much maligned gmg.com phrase, great things are happening at UNT! Only this time, they really are!

Anybody here still trudging into Fouts wondering how much we're going to lose by this time? The people will come. And someday, they may even wear grean...in your favorite shade! Maybe they'll even learn how to bend their arms correctly during the alma mater (something that still completely befuddles me).

Take care of business. Let the team start racking up wins to the point where we're the 9 point favorite week after week instead of the surprise upset 9 point dog. Get some bowl appearances under out belt, and maybe even a bowl win or two. If you build it, they will come, but "it" comprises quite a bit more than just a shiny stadium (and oh my, what a nice shiny stadium it is indeed!)

I look at the schedule for the rest of the season, and there is a hell of a chance that UNT could match the win total of the past four seasons combined! (Chico's wins notwithstanding) That's exciting! Can we enjoy that while we watch the fan base grow over time, or must we sneer at our stack of wrinkled hundred dollar bills at every possible turn?

• Upvote 2

Homecoming will offset the world series, just hope for good weather and a win at U LA LA

You're a good man Tony. I just don't get where people get on this board get off talking about why they (or someone "casual fan" they claim to speak for) can't attend a North Texas football game. I followed Rangers baseball through some miserable years; I don't owe them my time when it's not a determining game in the series. Being in front of a tv watching baseball compared to being at Apogee watching football? Come on people.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 2

You're a good man Tony. I just don't get where people get on this board get off talking about why they (or someone "casual fan" they claim to speak for) can't attend a North Texas football game. I followed Rangers baseball through some miserable years; I don't owe them my time when it's not a determining game in the series. Being in front of a tv watching baseball compared to being at Apogee watching football? Come on people.

Good gosh what is your beef with people wanting to go or watch a Rangers game? Dude it's just one game and if people choose the Rangers then let it be...you're making it sound like they want UNT to lose or don't care. It is all about implications of both games and you may not have a connection to the Rangers or pro sports but others may do. So get over it and you can go to the game while others can do whatever the heck they want.

And yes watching your team watching the World Series (if the Rangers make it of course) far trumps attending the game at Apogee in my opinion and to many people's opinion. Again it is the WORLD EFFING SERIES!

Once again I say Go Mean Green and Go Rangers!

• Upvote 2