Tenative Big East Divisions ?

MeanGreen61

If the Big East gets it way and if it can't land Boise State, something the league is still trying to do -- Rutgers would be in the same division as Connecticut, Central Florida, South Florida, Temple and Navy in a tentative rough draft of the reconfigured 12-team football league that came out of today's conference call, a leading college official said.

West Virginia, Air Force, SMU, Houston, Louisville and Cincinnati would comprise the other division under that scenario.

The official requested anonymity because he is not authorized to discuss details of the conference call of the football-only schools this morning.

READ MORE

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/tentative_big_east_division_sp.html

• Upvote 2

If the Big East gets it way and if it can't land Boise State, something the league is still trying to do -- Rutgers would be in the same division as Connecticut, Central Florida, South Florida, Temple and Navy in a tentative rough draft of the reconfigured 12-team football league that came out of today's conference call, a leading college official said.

West Virginia, Air Force, SMU, Houston, Louisville and Cincinnati would comprise the other division under that scenario.

The official requested anonymity because he is not authorized to discuss details of the conference call of the football-only schools this morning.

READ MORE

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2011/10/tentative_big_east_division_sp.html

according to ESPN Missouri will stay for at least one more year. This is good and gives us a chance to get into cusa. But I still read of rumors that cusa and mwc could still join. Its going to be interesting to see how all this plays out.

according to ESPN Missouri will stay for at least one more year. This is good and gives us a chance to get into cusa. But I still read of rumors that cusa and mwc could still join. Its going to be interesting to see how all this plays out.

I see the CUSA MWC merger as something that will take a good amount of time to review and consider. My understanding is they basically want a championship game that would provide the champion with an auto BCS bid. Whatever they decide, it will have to be presented to the BCS and considered along with the TV contract negotiations for 2014.

If CUSA loses several teams to the Big East they will need to replace them quickly for scheduling purposes. Ditto Mountain West (Boise).

cusa and mwc want to form an alliance, not merger, where their respective conference champions would play each other in hopes of winner getting a bcs bowl bid. aso, we should hope that bosie rumors are false, as that could hurt chances of smu/uh being invited to big east.