AFA to the BE?

mgfan

MAYBE we will start feeling the ripple effects of conference realignment.

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/

Aside from having losing seasons lately, which will clearly start to change, I don't see how UNT can't be a serious candidate for the CUSA or MWC. Seems like one of these two conferences will end up needing to invite a Texas team, and our university should be attractive enough for serious consideration. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever

Aside from having losing seasons lately, which will clearly start to change, I don't see how UNT can't be a serious candidate for the CUSA or MWC. Seems like one of these two conferences will end up needing to invite a Texas team, and our university should be attractive enough for serious consideration. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Emperor Vito sez "UNT is already pretty much irrelevant in the Dallas area"

Emperor Vito sez "UNT is already pretty much irrelevant in the Dallas area"

Well, I'll have to disagree with emperor Vito then. Conferences also look at potential and as the leading and biggest university in the DFW, UNT HAS the potential to be pretty relevant in the Dallas area. It's a matter of getting into a better conference to bring in better-known teams and start recruiting better to compete against better teams. Also, you need to consider how desperate some of these conferences could get with all this realignment and it's not crazy to think UNT wouldn't be looked at closely with all the potential is has.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

UNT is already pretty much irrelevant in the Dallas area playing Florida, Tennessee and Arkansas schools any way.

In an blog post about CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT, Vito mentions that we have very little Metroplex relevance.... BECAUSE WE PLAY UNKNOWN TEAMS FROM A DISRESPECTED CONFERENCE.

READING COMPREHENSION, PEOPLE. READING COMPREHENSION.

This reminds me of the morons who stumble across old TY Sports articles (most of them TITLED as "FALSE ALLEGATIONS"!!!!!!!) and flip out like maniacs over the content.

READ. REVIEW. COMPREHEND. RE-READ. PROCESS. SLEEP ON IT.

THEN react.

:blowup:

What is TY Sports?

It was basically the first Trojan Horse initiative in a long-range plan. Operation Tina is currently about 55% complete, with Phase Podcast nearly finished and Phase Moderator still cloaked under shadowy goals and motives.

I don't want to spoil the year 2017 for anyone... But let's just say it involves an explosive encounter where Rick V and Lane Rawlins visit a mute and immobile Harry in the hospital. Shortly thereafter, Quoner and I shake hands atop the UNT parking garage, having successfully seized control of the offices of President and Athletics Director.

Little will Quoner know how thoroughly I've compromised my morals to bring about the endgame...

What I thought I heard they did was to say not interested at this time to an inquiry from the Big 12 as they were reviewing options with the Big East

I must've misread it then, sorry. I was reading something in the FWST about the possible Navy/AF move to the Big East and it looked like AF wanted to be "removed from consideration" or something. A Colorado-based team seemed like a stretch to the BE anyways.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/10/06/3426155/tcu-better-off-sticking-with-big.html

"Multiple sources indicated that the Big East was informed Thursday by the Air Force Academy that it no longer wished to be considered as a league expansion candidate. The conference still holds hopes of adding Navy, but those plans likely were damaged by the Air Force's decision"

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/10/06/3426155/tcu-better-off-sticking-with-big.html#ixzz1aOwmbkd4

This is what I'd read the other day. ESPN reported it on their nighttime news too. This may have changed since though.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/10/06/3426155/tcu-better-off-sticking-with-big.html

"Multiple sources indicated that the Big East was informed Thursday by the Air Force Academy that it no longer wished to be considered as a league expansion candidate. The conference still holds hopes of adding Navy, but those plans likely were damaged by the Air Force's decision"

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/10/06/3426155/tcu-better-off-sticking-with-big.html#ixzz1aOwmbkd4

This is what I'd read the other day. ESPN reported it on their nighttime news too. This may have changed since though.

I wonder who LeBreton's sources are, because even the writers in Colorado Springs seem to think AF is still looking to the BE. http://www.gazette.com/sports/mueh-126443-names-john.html

I looked at ESPN, and they seem to be under the impression that AF is still leaning BE.

Not blaming you, NTF, but as I said, I wonder who LeBreton's sources are, since he's apparently the only one they're talking to.

Not seeing any of this helping us move to a better conference. If the BE decides to take Houston then maybe, but there is no indication of that. Also, no one is looking at the sunbelt to replace any schools that left for other conferences. I think the best thing for UNT and the sunbelt is looking at adding strong respectable schools to the belt (Not sure anyone who is respectable wants be in the belt). Or whore ourselves out and pray someone takes us.