The Case of ULaLa

All About UNT

Welcome to your Stomp in the Swamp!! Please be safe coming down to Lafayette. I promise, most fans will invite you to have food and drinks at their tailgate. Enjoy your stay

ULL_Football.jpg

Not going to lie, from the looks of your stadium on ESPN3 against Troy and in this picture, it looks great! Wish I could make the trip over there because I'm sure it will be a great time and a great game!

I'm just glad there are signs of life down there. Usually we don't hear a peep out of y'all until softball season.

sad but true. There was some buzz for the 2nd half the the basketball season last year. 15 game winning streak. but before last year, there was nothing to be excited about down here. Everything is completely different now. I hope the same happens for yall soon too!

Shreveport is on the way (about midway from Dallas) and the food there is ridiculous. This was the one roadie I was able to spin into a "family trip" because of the attractions. Again, driving may not be an option for you...but if it is you won't regret it.

This is proof that you have never been to Louisiana for real. Shreveport is good Louisiana food? Really? If you had claimed that they can cook a steak, I might be with you. At the risk of having you farmers up there make fun of me, I did a lot of farming up around Shreveport in high school. They had what the rest of the world calls "Cajun": anything with "creole" seasoning hammered on top, and a watery brew they pass off as gumbo. But no real gumbo, no boudin, and certainly nothing that a Cajun woman would ever allow on her dinner table after 5 PM.

Come down here, and we'll feed you well. Cajun food is a *bit* better than the sad reflection that them yankees try to pass off. Umm... a lot better. And here I thought I would be talking about football.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Guys, you can talk "football smack" with the Cajuns, but don't act like you know about Cajun cooking. I'm originally from the "capital of Louisiana", Port Arthur, Tx, just across the border from Louisiana, so I know something about cajun cooking. In my world, Shreveport is not Cajun! You got to be close to dem bayous to be true Cajun. Where else can you find seasonings like-

Slap-Ya-Mama-Seasoning_D.jpg

Edited by DeepGreen

This is proof that you have never been to Louisiana for real. Shreveport is good Louisiana food? Really? If you had claimed that they can cook a steak, I might be with you. At the risk of having you farmers up there make fun of me, I did a lot of farming up around Shreveport in high school. They had what the rest of the world calls "Cajun": anything with "creole" seasoning hammered on top, and a watery brew they pass off as gumbo. But no real gumbo, no boudin, and certainly nothing that a Cajun woman would ever allow on her dinner table after 5 PM.

Come down here, and we'll feed you well. Cajun food is a *bit* better than the sad reflection that them yankees try to pass off. Umm... a lot better. And here I thought I would be talking about football.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

I think my sentence structure may have bastardized my intent. I meant to say the food in Lafayette was great AND Shreveport is a good halfway point.

This is the one road trip I've always wanted to take. Can't make it from west Texas this year, but plan on being there in 2013. I've heard nothing but great things about the campus, the food and the people. ULL has me worried this year, but it is a winnable game if we play aggressively all game long.