Watched commit Brad Horton play tonight

SUMG

Love the kids size.....and his mobility. He's the kid that had been playing b-ball and just switched to football...so as you can imagine....one area where he really needs to work: strength.

But give me a kid like this, with size, his "wheels"....and let Coach Wintrich have at him....and I think he'll be a really good DE for us.

Sidenote: I look up and Sean Payton is walking past me. I guess he has kids at LCS...and maybe flies in on Friday nights....before getting back to the Saints on Saturday? Anyway, he was there.

Edited by SUMG
  • Upvote 3

I've seen the kids highlight film, and in my opinion he's a lower level 2 star prospect. Just from watching his game film I'd say even his 4.7 40 time seems like a stretch - I would guess probably closer to 4.9 (Non blue chippers always stretch their 40s).

And the biggest thing I noticed... most of the offensive linemen he was going up against looked to be about 5'9 and a buck 85. Put any decent O-linemen on him and he's going to get demolished. It's going to take some major strength training to get him ready to play...

Sorry for the pessimism, but I just don't think the recruits we have so far are going to get it done. We're going to be stuck with 3-4 win seasons if things don't change.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've seen the kids highlight film, and in my opinion he's a lower level 2 star prospect. Just from watching his game film I'd say even his 4.7 40 time seems like a stretch - I would guess probably closer to 4.9 (Non blue chippers always stretch their 40s).

And the biggest thing I noticed... most of the offensive linemen he was going up against looked to be about 5'9 and a buck 85. Put any decent O-linemen on him and he's going to get demolished. It's going to take some major strength training to get him ready to play...

Sorry for the pessimism, but I just don't think the recruits we have so far are going to get it done. We're going to be stuck with 3-4 win seasons if things don't change.

This is the perfect recruit for NT. Hope we sign 5 of these guys, redshirt and put on 35 to 40 lbs of quality weight. Ht u can't develop , size u can !!

• Upvote 1

I agree, recruiting is a crap shoot, but this young man has the physical tools to really develop and I trust our coach's eye and experience in picking players that will contribute down the line. eggerton was pretty critical of Horton and all of the verbals that we have to this point and I was curious as to what his background is/was.