OK, now that "game 3" is over...

SHOSS

Ok, so far, we have played one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the country...

Now, I'm not saying we have ANY guaranteed victories on the schedule from here on out. As we ALL know, nothing can be taken for granted in Mean Green land these days...except losing the Alabama game... Now we enter into the truly realistic portion of the schedule. Here is just the non-conf portion of the schedule coming up:

Indiana: first year head coach. Lost to Ball State, hung with but lost to Virginia, and beat South Carolina State.

Folks, this is truly the first winnable game of the season. They are a big 10 team, so playing on the road probably won't mess with the experienced portion of the roster...However, this is their first road game of the year. Maybe we can disrupt the younger guys on the roster with some crowd noise?

Tulsa: New coaching staff also. They just lost their QB and already lost their all purpose offensive weapon... Now, I am NOT celebrating injury and problems with the law for student athletes. I feel for them. HOWEVER, these guys are not going to play against us in this game. They got rolled by Oklahoma, rolled Tulane, and then got beat by Okie State...but put up some points...33 and gave up 52 through 3 quarters...

Now, if we were to win one game out of these, I think the probability is higher that we win the home game.

I put it to you guys... which one do you think we are more likely to win? I will be at both games, and I can not wait to see them!

Go Mean Friggin Green!

Edited by SHOSS

Ok, so far, we have played one of the toughest non-conference schedules in the country...

Now, I'm not saying we have ANY guaranteed victories on the schedule from here on out. As we ALL know, nothing can be taken for granted in Mean Green land these days...except losing the Alabama game... Now we enter into the truly realistic portion of the schedule. Here is just the non-conf portion of the schedule coming up:

Indiana: first year head coach. Lost to Ball State, hung with but lost to Virginia, and beat South Carolina State.

Folks, this is truly the first winnable game of the season. They are a big 10 team, so playing on the road probably won't mess with the experienced portion of the roster...However, this is their first road game of the year. Maybe we can disrupt the younger guys on the roster with some crowd noise?

Tulsa: New coaching staff also. They just lost their QB and already lost their all purpose offensive weapon... Now, I am NOT celebrating injury and problems with the law for student athletes. I feel for them. HOWEVER, these guys are not going to play against us in this game. They got rolled by Oklahoma, rolled Tulane, and then got beat by Okie State...but put up some points...33 and gave up 52 through 3 quarters...

Now, if we were to win one game out of these, I think the probability is higher that we win the home game.

I put it to you guys... which one do you think we are more likely to win? I will be at both games, and I can not wait to see them!

Go Mean Friggin Green!

If it's gotta be either, or:

Give me the Mean Green at home VS Indiana. Apogee will be rockin!

I think with no D. Johnson or GJ. Kinne, we may have a decent chance against Tulsa as well (although I still think we lose this game unless we play flawlessly).

Hoosiers.

1. Very sloppy win against S.C. State

2. Young inexperienced (less experience than DT) QB

3. Similar o-line situation to ours, although they're starting a few freshmen due to lack of performance from upperclassmen rather than the neccessity forcing us to do so

4. First year head coach in first head coaching job of his career. While he is a good coach who will probably have success in the future, he doesn't have the experience of our staff.

5. Defense that appears average at best. Definitely not as good as the 3 we've faced so far.

6. I've never seen a Mean Green football victory in person as I didn't arrive on campus until the fall of 2008... so that's all I have to say about that.

Go Mean Green

I feel better about this one than the Houston or Alabama games, having looked over the Hoosiers' record this season. I think our odds are good, especially since IU seems like it has some similar issues to our team. If we can pack the stadium and make it really hostile, and if our guys play like their first half for both halves, we can get a win here.

I've been an IU fan since the early 90s when my mom, who was a professor there, used to take me to all the games (I will be there in green screaming my head off for NT, BTW). But I think we have a great chance to take IU down this year. Tulsa is looking winnabe too, but I definitely think we take IU at home.

Go Mean Green!