Per ESPN/LHN: North Texas St on LHN

KoldBeer

Mix of Non-Conference and Big 12 Home Contests to Begin Nov. 13

University of Texas men’s basketball fans will see 12 UT regular season games on Longhorn Network this season. The games – nine non-conference and three Big 12 matchups – will further enhance the channel’s live events offerings. In addition, the network will televise basketball-themed programs to take viewers inside the team to get to know the players and coaches as the Longhorns begin their 2011-12 campaign.

Dave Brown, LHN vice president, programming, said, “We’ve compiled a terrific regular-season schedule in our first year of coverage. These games, paired with our comprehensive pre- and post-game coverage shows, continue our mission of delivering high profile programming to fans of UT athletics.”

Rick Barnes, head men’s basketball coach at Texas, said, “Our program is excited to have so many games televised by Longhorn Network this coming season. When our fans and college basketball viewers in general see the quality of the telecasts, they will think they are watching an ESPN or ESPN2 national telecast. In addition, the Texas GameDay show that will air courtside at the Erwin Center creates a great opportunity for our students and fans to come early and provide a great home-court advantage for our team.”

Longhorn Network men’s basketball schedule:

Date Time (all times CT) Matchup

Sun, Nov. 13 6 p.m. Boston University at Texas

*Sat, Nov. 19 8 p.m. Texas vs. Oregon State

*Mon, Nov. 21 5:30/8 p.m. Texas vs. NC State/Vanderbilt

Sat, Nov. 26 7. p.m. Sam Houston State at Texas

Tue, Nov. 29 7 p.m. North Texas State at Texas

Tue, Dec. 6 7 p.m. UT-Arlington at Texas

Sat, Dec. 10 7 p.m. Texas State at Texas

Tue, Dec. 13 7 p.m. Nicholls State at Texas

Sat, Dec. 31 1 p.m. Rice at Texas

Sat, Jan. 7 6 p.m. Oklahoma State at Texas

Tue, Jan 24 8 p.m. Iowa State at Texas

Sat, Feb 4 6 p.m. Texas Tech at Texas

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/09/15/longhorn-network-to-televise-12-texas-men%E2%80%99s-basketball-games-in-2011-12/#printpreview

my email response to those listed on the PR release.

Hello,

I had noticed that you have the correct name of Texas State for your opponent listed here http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2011/09/15/longhorn-network-to-televise-12-texas-men%E2%80%99s-basketball-games-in-2011-12/#printpreview

You used the correct name of a recently name changed university (previous known as Southwest Texas State). What mind boggles me is how you release a PR statement with the name North Texas State in it? The name was changed over 23 YEARS ago to the University of North Texas. What does that say about the due diligence you gave this press release and who TU’s opponents were this year? The third largest school in Texas and you gave it a name they dropped 23 years ago. Please change this to reflect the correct name of the University of North Texas and ensure that any future releases from your studio reflect the proper name of the school. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

Hello,

I had noticed that you have the correct name of Texas State for your opponent listed here http://www.espnmedia...2/#printpreview

You used the correct name of a recently name changed university (previous known as Southwest Texas State). What mind boggles me is how you release a PR statement with the name North Texas State in it? The name was changed over 23 YEARS ago to the University of North Texas. What does that say about the due diligence you gave this press release and who TU's opponents were this year? The third largest school in Texas and you gave it a name they dropped 23 years ago. Please change this to reflect the correct name of the University of North Texas and ensure that any future releases from your studio reflect the proper name of the school. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

nice work, you showed them whose boss

1267053335_funny_gif_3.gif?w=320&h=240

I'm sure they'll correct our name. The important thing is we're getting TV time. Once the game is over not only will the Mean Green Nation be proud and more aware of what JJ and staff have built at UNT, but the Longhorn Nation will as well. Not to mention folks watching the network across the US that might not be UT fan's at all.

Go Mean Green!!!

I'm sure they'll correct our name. The important thing is we're getting TV time. Once the game is over not only will the Mean Green Nation be proud and more aware of what JJ and staff have built at UNT, but the Longhorn Nation will as well. Not to mention folks watching the network across the US that might not be UT fan's at all.

Go Mean Green!!!

Understood but with even a minute chance of them putting North Texas State on the screen that night would be horrible. Crap like this should not exist. The head of the PR was recently promoted from intern status late last year. I am not saying it was her fault but....it still should not have happened.