Season Ticket Sales...

Side Show Joe

For a while I've been wondering how many we have sold. As far as I know, nothing has been reported. I don't know why the ticket office hasn't released the numbers. Does anyone know where we stand?

If not, does anyone have a guess as to how many season tickets we have sold?

Edited by Side Show Joe

My guess is they're wanting to capture as many as possible (up to Sep 10) to announce a number and I'm sure they'd love to announce over a 100% increase. Maybe they're thinking that after people see the first game they'll sign up even more.

My guess is around 5k so far. Not nearly enough, some Ws will get some more to buy in.

Edited by MDH

It's been reported that we sold 2,745 last year and that this year we've seen a 70 to 80% increase thus far. Going with 80% that would put us around 5K? One day we'll hopefully get to where 10K is the baseline.

I believe that number is closer to 100% increase now, so over 5000.

• Upvote 1

So, let's say 5,500 season tickets. How many are reserved for students and how many seats are in the wings? I think visitors get about 500-1,000.

I believe there are 8,100 student seats, and around 4,900 seats in the wing. Both of those numbers were given by people in the athletic department. I don't know if those are exact, but they should be close.

SUMG brought up a good point to me, how many professors or faculty/staff are at UNT right now? I'm guessing 2-3K? My sense is this will be the highest attended game in the history of the school for this particular group.

So, let's say 5,500 season tickets. How many are reserved for students and how many seats are in the wings? I think visitors get about 500-1,000.

I believe the student section seats 8,000, but I've heard concerns that we will have more students then seats for this game. The Wingzone is general admission. I don't know if the AD will do it, but a portion of the Wingzone could be reserved for students, if extra seating is needed.

but I've heard concerns that we will have more students then seats for this game.

This is a good thing. Most large programs have limited student sections. They also do like we are now requiring students to pick up tickets in advance. This leads to a real "value" having a ticket to a limited-space event.

It causes students to look forward to a game and camp out for tickets in advance of a big game. They will now actually attend the game instead of just hanging out in the parking lot knowing they can flash their ID and come in anytime they feel like it..if they feel like it.

SUMG brought up a good point to me, how many professors or faculty/staff are at UNT right now? I'm guessing 2-3K? My sense is this will be the highest attended game in the history of the school for this particular group.

Faculty/Staff was pushing 3500 in 2004 and the school has grown significantly since then. I would bet it is close to 4000 now.

Update: Just got 41 tickets in rows 12-15 in Section 202. The seats in the middle of the stadium are filling up quickly and are limited in quantity. Lots of GA seats available but those shoudl be hot sellers on gameday, according to the ticket office. The sections closest to the endzones (201 and 211-12) have a lot of seats available. Your ticket office is very helpful.

Houston has students wait in line to get tickets two hours before kickoff and then proceed into the game. Their seats are around the 20 on the east side to the middle of the north endzone. A&M has 30K seats for student tickets.

Edited by redallover

Update: Just got 41 tickets in rows 12-15 in Section 202. The seats in the middle of the stadium are filling up quickly and are limited in quantity. Lots of GA seats available but those shoudl be hot sellers on gameday, according to the ticket office. The sections closest to the endzones (201 and 211-12) have a lot of seats available. Your ticket office is very helpful.

Houston has students wait in line to get tickets two hours before kickoff and then proceed into the game. Their seats are around the 20 on the east side to the middle of the north endzone. A&M has 30K seats for student tickets.

I was afraid of this.