Article about UNT on Texas Football

jtm0097

Interesting article, and it sounds good to me, except that I've been thinking that our DB's are going to be one of the strong points of our defense this year. Also, I figure the Cougars are going to be pretty strong this year, but to say that they might go undefeated sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.

Of course I can throw out a dozen or so "ifs" in relation to our performance this year, but If McCarney can work that magic with the DL this year I'm looking for a surprisingly good defensive unit. Two months and counting.

• Upvote 1

Interesting article, and it sounds good to me, except that I've been thinking that our DB's are going to be one of the strong points of our defense this year. Also, I figure the Cougars are going to be pretty strong this year, but to say that they might go undefeated sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.

Of course I can throw out a dozen or so "ifs" in relation to our performance this year, but If McCarney can work that magic with the DL this year I'm looking for a surprisingly good defensive unit. Two months and counting.

both houston and tulsa were ranked in top 25 in recent poll i saw.think tulsa was 25 and houston 19 or so. throw in bama, and we have a tough ocs.

• Upvote 2

both houston and tulsa were ranked in top 25 in recent poll i saw.think tulsa was 25 and houston 19 or so. throw in bama, and we have a tough ocs.

Everyone realizes we can lose every OOC game and still go bowling right?

A bowl game has never been predicated on us doing well OOC. Win the games decided by one posession last yr and we're bowling.

1st things first, win the belt, guarantee yourself you're going bowling. I'll worry about OOC noise when we can get back to those basics.

There was one team in the Belt last yr that handed it to us, FIU. Other than that we competed with the entire league, one possesion games throughout.

Call it optimism or spin or what you want. The mountain to the top of the belt is not as high as some would like to paint it.

I agree with you. I think the secondary will be a strength this season. I think our LB corps will be better then expected too. The front four is where we really need Mac to work his defensive magic.

Overall, we have a lot of guys returning who have see substantial playing time on both sides of the ball, just not at quarterback. I hope coach Mac gets the kind of results he is looking for out of these summer workouts.

Nothing wrong with going into every game to win!

What a great game.

:o Ohmygod! Someone actually listens......... B)

Yep, there were MANY games in the last three years that would have ended up as a W for us but for a lack of just a little more effort and/or skill by the defense.

And since I brought up the concept of trying just a bit harder... lets here from Janis on the subject...

Texas Football

Here is a link to a article about UNT's big dreams on TexasFootball.com. It outlines a plan for us to go to a bowl game this year.

I love the way Lance runs, but this guy needs to say whatever way the O-Line goes, so goes Lance. Lance at the end of last year was running thru truck sized holes lead by some of these same linemen. I think Simmons is the key to putting up numbers next year. He's the one that will elevate this O-line unit, much like Lefty did. If McCarney and the D coaching staff can bring the D up to snuff, we'll win games.

• Upvote 2

I love the way Lance runs, but this guy needs to say whatever way the O-Line goes, so goes Lance. Lance at the end of last year was running thru truck sized holes lead by some of these same linemen. I think Simmons is the key to putting up numbers next year. He's the one that will elevate this O-line unit, much like Lefty did. If McCarney and the D coaching staff can bring the D up to snuff, we'll win games.

I agree. With the exception of Barry Sanders, a running back is only as good as his O-line. We do have solid assistant coaches at every position now. That makes me feel better about our situation.