Jarion Henry---To Make College Announcement

SUMG

After one of the most lengthy and bizarre recruiting battles in recent school history, Jarion Henry says he will become a Lobo.

[...]

Henry didn’t sign, or even announce a decision on April 13. As interest grew in his decision, so did his Twitter following.

That eventually led to the discovery of a controversial video of Henry, in which he said that he planned to play just one year of college ball before going to the NBA. On the video, Henry also used the n-word multiple times while trying to “get together” with a variety of females.

The video created a stir among Lobo fans, and was the hot topic of the week on local sports talk radio.

Throughout the waiting game, Henry tweeted things like “Im gods Gift to the Game,” and “I Want that NBA Life Style Soon.”

For anyone who can't or doesn't want to see the video themselves... Jarion tells us that his friend Javier is interested in "strictly black girls. No, um... Mexican, Puerto Rican, no Asians, no Whites... Straight Black girls."

Though Jarion has "respect" for Javier's somewhat limited and narrow tastes in random internet YouTube skank hookups... Jarion assures us that he himself "don't discriminate nuthin, man". Whether you happen to be "short, tall, thick... lips, everything, man. Long hair don't care, short hair, Halle Berry..." Jarion assures everyone that he is much more open to all the hues and styles of the female rainbow, as he is a "buuuuuiiiiisnessman" who is going to the league in "one and done".

If I were a fine female at, uh, Adamson... Maybe I'd feel differently. But I don't regret missing out on Jarion. Everyone says and does stupid stuff when they are a teenager. Some people, depending on when they were at that age, happen to videotape it.

But it's a shocking example of Not Wisdom to act dumb (in school), videotape it, and then post it on your own YouTube channel when you just happen to be one of the 10 or 15 highest ranked unsigned prospects in the country. During signing period.

I hope things go well for him, whether it's in New Mexico or somewhere else. Wherever he's able to get to school, I hope his decision making and maturity eventually reach the same level as his exceptional basketball skills.

Jarion assures us that he himself "don't discriminate nuthin, man". Whether you happen to be "short, tall, thick... lips, everything, man. Long hair don't care, short hair, Halle Berry..." Jarion assures everyone that he is much more open to all the hues and styles of the female rainbow

Well, at least this explains his decision to play in Albuquerque.

All ugly women are welcome.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

I certainly don't have love for Javier... racist! :angry:

I don't know if we were really a player in the Jarion sweepstakes, but I think we'll be OK that he passed on us. I'm NOT saying that we "didn't need/want him anyway", but I AM saying that Ben Dillard is looking better and better (would really rather have a JUCO guy come in and contribute early though). Any word on Ben?