Questions Heading Into Next Year

H-towngreen

Maybe some of you basketball guys can answer these for me.

1) I believe we have 2 ships available still, correct? Which way are we leaning on those? Are we looking for a transfer, more HS kids?

2) Who is going to replace George? We have some bodies there but none of which can produce like the Big O

3) With such a young team coming in what are your expectations for next season?

I'll start with #3. It depends on our schedule, but I think we'll struggle early, and jell late. We're going to be working in so many new people, I expect a lot of issues up through mid January or so. By Hot Springs, I figure we'll be pretty dangerous.

I believe you are right with the open ships. Some of the recruiting guys (like Cooley) will have a much better idea who we're after than me.

I think Hogans will become more diverse offensively, but replacing Odufuwa is a huge concern for me as well.

Edited by CMJ

1. I hope we find some JUCO bigs similar to Tramiel.

2. Hopefully, Hogans continues to develop his inside game and a couple of JUCO transfers. Plus, I would like to see Knox contribute around 10pts and 8 rebounds a game.

3. As CMJ stated, struggle early, jell late.

My hope for next season is that we get a BIG boost around December or so...

If/when that happens, I still anticipate it taking a few weeks to work him into the team. Even if he's unreal, as advertised, it's still gonna take some time for him to mesh into a line up that will be finding themselves regardless with all the youth.

If/when that happens, I still anticipate it taking a few weeks to work him into the team. Even if he's unreal, as advertised, it's still gonna take some time for him to mesh into a line up that will be finding themselves regardless with all the youth.

Yep, people need to understand that Mitchell will not even be allowed to practice with the team until after the fall semester. He will have to learn the nuances of the offense (well, maybe not, considering its probably the lease complicated offense in the league) and will have to learn to play with his teammates. I would expect at least 3 weeks before Mitchell starts to dominate.

I also see us starting slow and coming on late, but does anyone really think we will be worse than a 4th seed out of the West division in next year's Sun Belt Tourney? I don't.

I also see us starting slow and coming on late, but does anyone really think we will be worse than a 4th seed out of the West division in next year's Sun Belt Tourney? I don't.

Well, we'll definitely be above ULM. UALR is losing a lot this year, not sure what they're bringing in. Denver is Denver...they'll be around .500 because of their home court. ASU/ULL I expect to be strong. And then us...a big question mark.

Another knock on Knox. We will have to wait and see. Some games he looked like there was hope, others not so much. Just remember a lot of tall guys gel late, so don't give up. Personally, I think he can play but he has little confidence. I still don't believe he passed to White to shoot when he was standing under the basket.

NT has 3 ships left to give, but one most likely will be held for Mitchell. Point guard with Jones and Norris plus combos Walton and A. Williams should be in good shape once they get use to a higher level of play. The wings will have A. Williams, J. Williams, B. Walton and perhaps Holmen. The bigs returning are Hogans, Edwards, Knox, and Holmen. With Robinson being added and J. Williams also who in hs is basically an inside player. Ideally you would want a big rebounder and another wing. Wings are the easiest position to fill but a good big men are hard to find. Of course, if Tony Mitchell is eligible he could play either wing or post and probably be great.

With the class NT has already put together, it seems to me that NT should have a relatively easy time getting two more excellent recruits. In truth, NT already has a lot of posts on ship; but Edwards and Knox are both questionable. Holmen was coming on at the end of the year and Hogans plays with great emotion. Problem, neither has proved to good rebounders. I will echo some other opinions and hope that NT can land a juco big man. The other ship could be used on the best player available no matter what position and I would even consider a transfer who has to sit out a year.

Well, we'll definitely be above ULM. UALR is losing a lot this year, not sure what they're bringing in. Denver is Denver...they'll be around .500 because of their home court. ASU/ULL I expect to be strong. And then us...a big question mark.

Isn't Denver leaving the belt? If so when does that happen?

Edit- found the answer ! 2012

Edited by filmerj