http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/03/02/gold-hits-new-high/

here is what i gleen from the article:

people have been purchasing gold because they are afraid of the economy.

appears that all of the arab world is in chaos...oh yea, that is where we get our oil.

the u.s. dollar is "third world."

--Perhaps buying oil stock would be better than buying gold (which has a huge mark-up by those who sell it and you need to store it somewhere or get it stolen).

---I live in West Texas... maybe you should vist... sure are a lot of rigs and pump-jacks out here... seems like we get a lot of our oil from here too.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

--Perhaps buying oil stock would be better than buying gold (which has a huge mark-up by those who sell it and you need to store it somewhere or get it stolen).

---I live in West Texas... maybe you should vist... sure are a lot of rigs and pump-jacks out here... seems like we get a lot of our oil from here too.

i lived in ward county for six years so i know about all the rigs. the problem is the restrictions that the fed govt places on oil companies pumping the crude. heck, in pecos county (not to be confused with the city of pecos) there are wells that are free flowing. i guess you know what that means. the oil companies can not pump the crude in the northeast corner of alaska. why??? why, all the government restrictions do you think?? in the obama 2012 budget there is a new oil company tax of $4/acre of idle oil land. heck, there are still restrictions in the gulf. the govt is doing what they can to reduce oil production.

you know as much as i do that high gold prices indicate a weak dollar.

obama did say that he wants to tear down the current govt and start again.

the signs are out there all you have to do is connect the dots.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

i lived in ward county for six years so i know about all the rigs. the problem is the restrictions that the fed govt places on oil companies pumping the crude. heck, in pecos county (not to be confused with the city of pecos) there are wells that are free flowing. i guess you know what that means. the oil companies can not pump the crude in the northeast corner of alaska. why??? why, all the government restrictions do you think?? in the obama 2012 budget there is a new oil company tax of $4/acre of idle oil land. heck, there are still restrictions in the gulf. the govt is doing what they can to reduce oil production.

--Not sure exactly what you mean by government restrictions... but a lot of government regulation was caused by oil comapanies.. Check out Texon (ghost-town) The ground is so poluted, weeds won't grow. There is a big lawsuit on the south edge of Midland now.... the water is so contaminated that it really isn't safe for people or even cows to drink (comtaminates the meat)... same chemical as appeared in "Erin Bronkovitch" movie. Even it the centre of town (now) there is an area near the hospital that the groundwater is so bad that it can't be pumped out for yard use. There are some streams out here that are damed up so the water coming down them doesn't reach lakes, they sit and evaporate. People get upset about government regulations.... but when you look at the past you begin to understand why they do this... now the playing field is somwhat level and the bad companies have to do what the responsible ones did. Not much of this is happening now but happened before government regulations were put into place. The same goes with federal safety regulations as well.... some companies just took short cuts and didn't care. They caused them to exist...

• Upvote 2

tin-foil-hat-625p.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1