Unt Loses Another For The Season

Brett Vito

How is that possible? Do not tell me it is from the last game... He was favoring his hands, but it looked more like a finger injury... when did this happen? I hope he is 110% for next year...

He warmed up on our end of the court before the 2nd half, and he had 2 or 3 fingers completely immobilized with tape (and what looked like a splint). Held that hand out from his body, never touched anything or anyone with it, and only warmed up with one hand. When he came in for his one shift in the 2nd half, he tried using both hands... But his one shot came up very short, and an attempted pass in to him bounced off him and went out of bounds. Then he got pulled.

Whatever happened, he either broke it or severely aggravated a hairline break at some point in the 1st half against ULM.

• Upvote 2

How is that possible? Do not tell me it is from the last game... He was favoring his hands, but it looked more like a finger injury... when did this happen? I hope he is 110% for next year...

I saw the incident happen... a ULM player swatted extremely hard at the ball when Holman drove to the basket.... I immediately saw him grimacing and flexing his hand open and closed at the free throw line... I then watched him for about 2-3 minutes and he was constantly messing with his hand... Given he continued to play the whole game, I thought that he played through the obvious pain... now we know he played through a broken bone.. tough guy.... now out for the season.. he was really coming on strong in many ways... this is a true loss to this team, and I think greatly decreases our chances of winning at the SBC tourney.

Another thing mentioned is that White has been injured all season.. that is the first I've heard of this... and it explains alot about his performance...

I wish Josh and Holman speedy recoveries...

• Upvote 1

Sorry not trying to hate by the last comment... its just funny... like no one else who goes on these boards goes to a unt game

Not everyone is in the front row with a perfect angle of the hit that caused the broken wrist either..

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1

Ughhhhhh....

Just when he starts really figuring out how to function in the offense and developing his inside game.

Exactly. Holmen really started going inside (instead of streaking around inside but always winding up around the arc somewhere), and getting boards and good looks recently. He was really improving. This sucks.

I'll always remember 2010-2011 as "The Year of the Injuries".

Edited by MeanGreenTexan