Listening To Coach Mac Last Evening

KRAM1

I had the opportunity, with several other Volunteer Reps for the Mean green Club, to meet with Coach Mac before the Mean Green basketball game last evening. If you have not had the chance to get "up close and personal" with the man you are in for a real treat when you do. UNT has a head coach that is the "real deal" and this guy is passionate about UNT and UNT football and where it can go. He is also passionate about improving the defense, and I think UNT fans will see a different defense this next season. I am not so much talking about scheme or personnel as I am attitude and fundamentally sound football.

Coach mac has sold his home in Florida and is now looking for a home in Denton. He is serious about living in Denton and being a part...a big part...of the local community. He is dedicated to raising attendance levels by placing a product on the field that folks will want to come see and support in UNT's beautiful new stadium.

I won't list lots of specifics here as he asked that several comments be kept within the room. But what i can tell you is that Coach mac is serious about turning the program around and developing a program both on and off the field and in the classroom that everyone associated with the program and UNT can be very proud of for a long time to come. He is quite candid about the job ahead and knows it won't be easy or an overnight fix, but it will be better and it will be better from day 1.

I believe! And, with this being the second time I have had to be around Coach Mac, I am more convinced than ever that UNT is on the right track and that GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING AT UNT! Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 4

Thank you for the report.

As a long time MG fan I am excited about the future but completely uncertain. That is not a bad thing because I was giddy over the Dodge hire only to be gutted for four straight years. I am not excited about Coach Mac because he doesn't come with the buzz a new coach might bring. That doesn't mean he is not THE guy, just that I am shockingly uninspired about Mean Green football right now. Maybe it's the off-season. Maybe it is the basketball gloom. Either way I think we need to hear a lot more from Coach to get the mass ignited. I am sure he is still working on the strategy, but it was weird how fired up Canales got me in a few short weeks. I hope Coach C keeps his optimistic fire, bold and brazen standards, and passion to fight from the co-pilot's seat.

I am ready to get fired up!

GMG

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I wish I'd known Coach Mac would be a the Mean Green room last night. I got to the Coliseum early to see the end of the Women's game. I'd much rather gone down stairs to hear Coach Mac.so

Some of the best news for me is that he intends to live in Denton. I know that doesn't mean much to some, but to me, it signals a real commitment to the program. Just llike Hayden Fry did back in the 70s. Thanks for the update.

As the old saying goes, "show me, don't tell me".

Good response. I want this guy to succeed, I want to team to be spectacular and win. We all do because we love UNT. But lets keep our heads and not say "this guy is the real deal" yet, lets see his product and see if it delivers. Every year we talked about Dodge was improving and how much better we were going to be. Lets see what his team is made of then we can give him his deserved credit.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

As the old saying goes, "show me, don't tell me".

Oh, and that is true in so very many ways.

The motto of the United States Merchant Marine Academy is "ACTA NON VERBA"...roughly translated it means "Actions not Words". I think we all see the opposite in a lot of areas of our lives these days, but let us not get so jaded in our lives that we cannot see the good things that are around us each and every day.

If you have seen or head Coach mac, I think you would agree that he is the "real deal". Of course, we will all be able to validate that once we have seen the results of his coaching and that of his staff.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

When do I get a sit down with Coach Mac?

Give him a call. He's a [pretty easy to reach guy. If you wait for him to call you, you might just be waiting around awhile as he may not know you want to meet with him. A little initiative in making that first contact might help. Or, become a Mean Green Club member and sign up to be a Volunteer Rep....there may be additional small group meetings in the future.

The guy is not hard to find and talk to...really, just set it up.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1