Houston Opener - Thoughts On The Schedule

MeanGreen61

I like the Houston game because they will bring a good group of fans. What I don't like about the Houston game is they are a much better program right now. Keenum being back scares me in that he will be looking to start the season off in a big way. That said, I would rather have Houston in the first game of the season as opposed to game 2 on.

While we cannot stop the run....we have some very physical bodies that should be able to breakup and hopefully intercept passes.

Here is the the link to Keenum's stats

ESPN

Notice how his yearly trend of throwing INTs was dead set on projecting that he would throw around 18 or so for the year had he not been hurt. I think I will get back on here in a bit and breakdown the key wins over Houston in the last two yrs by comparable if not slightly better teams and how that was accomplished. Notice though that the UCLA game was pure going for the INT (cause you knew Houston was going to pass) and running the ball on them all night.

I like the Houston game because they will bring a good group of fans. What I don't like about the Houston game is they are a much better program right now. Keenum being back scares me in that he will be looking to start the season off in a big way. That said, I would rather have Houston in the first game of the season as opposed to game 2 on.

Problem is, it looks like this will be our 1st game, but not theirs.

• Upvote 2

Problem is, it looks like this will be our 1st game, but not theirs.

Maybe Keenum will go down for the year in game one, and the 2nd team QB will go down for the season in the 2nd quarter of the game against us, forcing them to play a wide receiver at QB.

It could happen. :ph34r:

Edited by UNT90