Randy Shannon

bdan2002

I assumed you did. Glad you can at least now see why I was upset. And I could have guessed your reasons for attending UNT without your answers, many of the same reasons I chose UNT. So why not place the school that you can afford, and can attend, at the top of the pecking order? Really all I was saying I guess.

No ill will, swing by for a beer before the home opener, I can prolly get the UT game on the 32" for you B)

Go Mean Green

Glad we understand each other now. Can't wait for UNT vs. Houston next September. Go Mean Green

• Upvote 1

I actually do keep up with Orangebloods my friend. I also keep up with this one. I understand why you all might disagree with my loyalties. The reason why I chose UNT was 1) It was closer to home 2) It was considerably cheaper. I will always bleed orange and green too.

One question to clear up this whole thing.

UNT plays Texas in a couple of years. You are at the game. You are a UNT student. Are you wearing Orange or Green?

• Upvote 3

I actually do keep up with Orangebloods my friend. I also keep up with this one. I understand why you all might disagree with my loyalties. The reason why I chose UNT was 1) It was closer to home 2) It was considerably cheaper. I will always bleed orange and green too.

We're just glad to be your lil silver medal.

So when you couldn't get that hot girl when you were younger, did you just tell your current girlfriend you would still be splitting your loyalties?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Glad we understand each other now. Can't wait for UNT vs. Houston next September. Go Mean Green

meangreen,

I cant help but see your posts and be reminded of myself 10 years ago. Give it some time... Go to the games and cheer for your University, and by all means root for the Longhorns on TV as well.

When we play Texas again, you will find that your allegiance has changed, I promise. It happened to me!

If not, you might consider a transfer.

meangreen,

I cant help but see your posts and be reminded of myself 10 years ago. Give it some time... Go to the games and cheer for your University, and by all means root for the Longhorns on TV as well.

When we play Texas again, you will find that your allegiance has changed, I promise. It happened to me!

If not, you might consider a transfer.

It was me through high school as well. Then, as a student, I watched UT come to play bball at The Pit. I had the "who do I cheer for?" conversation with myself and realized what a poser I had become by cheering for a school I had zero to do with. Only one of the schools on the floor could I claim "we".

UNT90- I would be wearing both. UNT Shirt, UT Hat. Problem solved

Zeke- you guessed it bud

No, it's not problem solved. It is the wrong freaking answer. You support the school that you freaking attend. Are you kidding me?

This is the problem that has plagued this university for ages. I'm sure that when you graduate, you will easily forget about UNT football and enshrine your house in Texas paraphernailia, only embracing UNT when they finally make the top 25.

Glad we could be your 4 year hobby.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

You want to ban me for stating my opinion. We had already settled this argument until some people wanted to fire it up again.

We had settled our disagreement, but that doesn't cover the rest of the board :unsure: ... Tried to warn you bud, pretty passionate bunch these message board folks...

No, it's not problem solved. It is the wrong freaking answer. You support the school that you freaking attend. Are you kidding me?

This is the problem that has plagued this university for ages. I'm sure that when you graduate, you will easily forget about UNT football and enshrine your house in Texas paraphernailia, only embracing UNT when they finally make the top 25.

Glad we could be your 4 year hobby.

I admire your zeal.

While your conclusions on this issue is mostly correct, this poster has come onto gmg.com as a fan. He is different from the other 30,000+ students who commit the douchery you are claiming... Give him time. The Longhorns gear will fade to the back of the closet, and the green gear will multiply.

I admire your zeal.

While your conclusions on this issue is mostly correct, this poster has come onto gmg.com as a fan. He is different from the other 30,000+ students who commit the douchery you are claiming... Give him time. The Longhorns gear will fade to the back of the closet, and the green gear will multiply.

True Story and good point. He's already more involved than 95% of the student body and alumni.

UNT90- I really am not trying to offend or anger anyone on this board. I was just saying who I root for. UNT is not my 4-year hobby. I will be going to games long after I graduate. It's not an overnight process to quit supporting a team that you have for your entire life (In my case, Texas). I'm just as much a Mean Green fan as I am a Longhorn fan.

MeanGreenTexan- Thanks for at least hearing me out unlike most people on here would.

GMG!

• Upvote 1

UNT90- I really am not trying to offend or anger anyone on this board. I was just saying who I root for. UNT is not my 4-year hobby. I will be going to games long after I graduate. It's not an overnight process to quit supporting a team that you have for your entire life (In my case, Texas). I'm just as much a Mean Green fan as I am a Longhorn fan.

MeanGreenTexan- Thanks for at least hearing me out unlike most people on here would.

GMG!

2elqq6e.jpg

Have you guys heard any rumors at all about Dodge coming in as QB coach? I want to say it was my brother or maybe even my grandmother that said she was watching the news or maybe listening to one of the talk sports radio shows and that there might be a chance that Applewhite goes with Muschamp and that Mack had mentioned bringing in Dodge. I'm trying to find some info on the web but am only coming up with some Horn boards musings about bringing him in as QB coach. Not sure if I can find the material if it was on a radio show.

I was just curious if anyone else hard the same.

I have heard TD is talking to MB. I put in a good word for TD with MB's admin. Ask Riley, bet he knows.

GMG!

Nothing on here makes me angry. What does make me sad is seeing a student attending one school state publicly that he would wear the colors of another school to a game between the school he attends and another school. Do you really not realize how D-bagish this is?

Maybe you will grow out of this. Maybe others are right. But, since one of my best friends from college now decorates his house in UT garb, I have my doubts. It just becomes much more easier after you have gotten your "cheap" degree to turn your back on UNT athletocs and be a fan of UT, you know, because they win. .

Edited by UNT90

Nothing on here makes me angry. What does make me sad is seeing a student attending one school state publicly that he would wear the colors of another school to a game between the school he attends and another school. Do you really not realize how D-bagish this is?

Maybe you will grow out of this. Maybe others are right. But, since one of my best friends from college now decorates his house in UT garb, I have my doubts. It just becomes much more easier after you have gotten your "cheap" degree to turn your back on UNT athletocs and be a fan of UT, you know, because they win. .

1. Unfortunately, I have more pride in UNT than the majority of the other students. Truth is, the ones that have pride in UNT athletics, also cheer for other football programs. Just the way it goes.

2. I never called it a "cheap degree", I merely stated that UNT is cheaper to attend. If you want to argue with that, then I'll be happy to send you some facts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Unfortunately, I have more pride in UNT than the majority of the other students. Truth is, the ones that have pride in UNT athletics, also cheer for other football programs. Just the way it goes.

2. I never called it a "cheap degree", I merely stated that UNT is cheaper to attend. If you want to argue with that, then I'll be happy to send you some facts.

1) Don't apply your values to all other students

2) If you want to worship at the alter of the Longhorn, why don't you pay the money for your seat in the barn?

• Upvote 1

I can't stand students with this attitude. I was a longhorn fan my entire life because I had several family members attend the university. In fact, I constantly used to wear Texas gear when I was in high school. However, the day I decided to go to UNT I threw all my UT shirts and hats in the garbage. It is okay to be fan of another university but your attitude disgusts me. The last thing this University needs it more students who wear UT shirts/hats to class. Thus, if you’re interested I will send you the UT admissions information if that’s really where you want to be........

I don't understand why any UNT student would wear UT gear. Don't they know they look like a Moron?

• Upvote 1

1) Don't apply your values to all other students

2) If you want to worship at the alter of the Longhorn, why don't you pay the money for your seat in the barn?

Come on man. Be honest with yourself. I saw a girl wearing an SMU sweatshirt on campus today! It is unfortunate but it is true. I'm not saying that it's the way it should be, but we all know that it is. UNT (athletically) is not nearly as represented as it should be by the students. I have never worn any Longhorn gear on campus, for this reason. I have just as many UNT shirts as I do Longhorn shirts, but others are worse than I am in terms of supporting teams other than UNT on the campus of UNT. I want the best for UNT. I really do. I hope that soon we change conferences. I hope that we soon get back to a bowl game. I hope that we soon develop one of the most impressive homefield advantages in the country at the new stadium. But the sad reality is that most students will not convert to complete Mean Green fans until this happens.

I have gone to UNT football and basketball games, and each time I am wearing the good old Green! Believe me when I say that I cheer for UNT and I want them to succeed at the highest level.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GMG!

As a matter of fact it is indeed an overnight process to stop liking a team. I was a huge fan of Florida State all through junior high and high school. The minute I stepped on campus in Denton I chunked all of the FSU stuff I owned. Simple, quick, and easy. You will see the light one day and you will look back on this time in your life and wonder what you were thinking. I am glad you bleed green but your blood can be only one color. I also root for the school my wife went to but if they played each other you can bet I would be wearing green and only green no ifs ands or buts.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1