Bowen Salary

bdan2002

According to USA Today, Bowen made $265,000 per year as DC at Kansas in 2009 - but he did have a 3 year contract at KU. In 2010 (when he was hired at WKU), he took a significant pay decrease at $71,016. According to a paper in Kentucky, - the move [to UNT] gives Bowen a "substantial" pay increase.

Edited by bdan2002

My point has always been this something is more than nothing. That's why these guys take jobs wherever they can. Bowen surely wasn't going to sit at home making $0.00 as apposed to $71,000.

Either way, he's future head coaching material. So far, we've got three legitimate guy who have been or who will be head coaches at this level - McCarney, Canales, and Bowen.

And, that, my friends, is amazing considering we hired two high school coaches in 16 years. There's not a coaching staff in the Belt that will touch ours when this whole thing is finally built.

My point has always been this something is more than nothing. That's why these guys take jobs wherever they can. Bowen surely wasn't going to sit at home making $0.00 as apposed to $71,000.

Either way, he's future head coaching material. So far, we've got three legitimate guy who have been or who will be head coaches at this level - McCarney, Canales, and Bowen.

And, that, my friends, is amazing considering we hired two high school coaches in 16 years. There's not a coaching staff in the Belt that will touch ours when this whole thing is finally built.

How's about coach Nelson? You think he's got head coaching potential?

According to USA Today, Bowen made $265,000 per year as DC at Kansas in 2009 - but he did have a 3 year contract at KU. In 2010 (when he was hired at WKU), he took a significant pay decrease at $71,016. According to a paper in Kentucky, - the move [to UNT] gives Bowen a "substantial" pay increase.

WKU media article about the UNT hire...

http://www.wbko.com/sports/headlines/WKU_Defensive_Coordinator_Bowen_Leaving_for_North_Texas_111570419.html

Edited by NT80