Unt Takes The Field In 2014

oldguystudent

All this talk about conferences, coaches, donors, club seats, and hand shakes on the Denton Square. Let's get down to brass tacks. The 2014 season opens. It's the fourth year in the new stadium under the new coach. What are we looking at that year? Sunbelt dominance? A new season in a shiny new conference? A BCS bid? An invitation to join the NFL? Overflowing crowds of 40,000 scampering for SRO tickets? Love and praise from every television station from here to Wasilla?

My answer:

A 9-3 season. 7-1 conference record, 2-2 OOC record with body bag games becoming a distant memory. The wing in the stadium is starting to serve a purpose by providing seating for the crowds that are averaging 25,000. The Dallas Morning News features a preseason analysis of UNT alongside TCU and SMU, but the local television stations are too busy talking about Jerry Jones interfering with Tony Romo's latest romance to notice. The spread on the bowl game is UNT -7. The conference affiliation I don't yet care about. The urinals are waterless, the windmills are powerful, the Beerman has decided to use his inside voice, and the helmets are a universally agreed upon shade of green.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I suspect that Romo will be playing golf and running his national chain of "places for ribs" by then, but everything else is kind of up in the air. Hope you're right though.

Fixed.

According to the calender of my ancestors and the mighty Quetzalcoatl, 2014 is moot... that is to say, the world ends in 2012.

Although I don't personally subscribe to that... as long as Mayahual keeps it flowing, e'rything will be all right.

Besides I got to continue my grudge matches with El Mystico Azul through 2015 by contract or lose some serious dough.

Maybe we can have a some matches at the new stadium.... ummm were was I going with this.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All this talk about conferences, coaches, donors, club seats, and hand shakes on the Denton Square. Let's get down to brass tacks. The 2014 season opens. It's the fourth year in the new stadium under the new coach. What are we looking at that year? Sunbelt dominance? A new season in a shiny new conference? A BCS bid? An invitation to join the NFL? Overflowing crowds of 40,000 scampering for SRO tickets? Love and praise from every television station from here to Wasilla?

My answer:

A 9-3 season. 7-1 conference record, 2-2 OOC record with body bag games becoming a distant memory. The wing in the stadium is starting to serve a purpose by providing seating for the crowds that are averaging 25,000. The Dallas Morning News features a preseason analysis of UNT alongside TCU and SMU, but the local television stations are too busy talking about Jerry Jones interfering with Tony Romo's latest romance to notice. The spread on the bowl game is UNT -7. The conference affiliation I don't yet care about. The urinals are waterless, the windmills are powerful, the Beerman has decided to use his inside voice, and the helmets are a universally agreed upon shade of green.

It all sounds good to me. But what kind of marketing or advertising role for those wind turbines? :huh::rolleyes::)